Saturday, March 3, 2012

Wendy's Week

I'm home, and the last week is finally starting to catch up with me so this will be short.

GOOD STUFF:
- I learned so much at the retreat that I'm still processing it all.
- I have a big chunk of my plot figured out. I have to get more of the history of the clearing of the Highlands in so that my hero can have increasingly large twinges of conscience before, well, I won't spoil the plot. ;-)
- Here's an acronym to help find the first line of a scene:
S -what are the Stakes?
Hero/Heroine's emotions
Anchor the reader in the setting. Where is he? How's the weather?
Run-don't just start the scene, start a few minutes into it. Hit the ground running.
Problem to be started or solved in the scene
This was probably the single biggest take away for me.
- Eric and I got our bedroom furniture moved around. Tomorrow we'll clean up debris.
-In spite of the fact that they fed us like crazy, I only gained 3 pounds.

NOT SO GOOD:
- My allergies have been bad and my sinuses are a mess. The silver lining is that I'm learning how to work through it. Someday I'll be glad for this, when I have a deadline and a raging migraine.

That's about it for me. How was your week?

3 comments:

SBB said...

Sounds like the retreat was grand! I'm glad you got to go. Sorry about the allergies. And we're not really into spring yet. Stock up on the Contact-D now!

Jean said...

I loved you updates on the retreat. I'm so glad you got so much out of the retreat.

Tammy Jones said...

I like SHARP. Thank you for sharing!! Glad you had a good time and kept the weight gain minimal. {{huggs}}

Post a Comment