Saturday, March 31, 2012

Wendy's Week

Good Stuff:
- Sent in my Frasier entry a few days ahead of the deadline.
- Started tomato and pepper seeds inside.
- Started broccoli and lettuce seeds outside. (They like cooler weather, and a late frost won't faze them if I cover them up.)
- Helped Eric mow the lawn (it was only 6" high) and started pulling weeds out of my flower beds. In March. Ridiculous.
- Started research on what I hope will be my 3rd book of 2012.
- Got my Scottish Games budget done and sent it to the guy who did it last year to look over.
- Started contacting participants for the Scottish Games, and told Eric he's going to be a volunteer. (Well, why not? He's going to be there anyway, and it gets him in free!)
- Went to see The Hunger Games. Really good movie.
- Made hotel and airline reservations to go to San Diego in late April for my FIL's 3rd wedding. For as much as we're spending to go out there, I sure hope this one sticks. We had to wait to make sure we could go because of possible changes in Eric's contract.

Not So Good Stuff:
- Not much progress on the clutter, but Eric is taking some vacation time next week and I've made up a honey-do list. We're making a Good Will run on Tuesday.
- Not as much writing as I'd like, and what I have done is more editing.
- For some reason, the warmer weather has given me the munchies. I find myself wanting to eat even when I'm not hungry. Most times I hit the grapes or drink some water, but it's disconcerting after having had that under control for a while.

This Week:
- Good Will run.
- Set up the rest of the new garden pots and dismantle the old raised bed.
- Get clutter out of the loft and dining room.
- Clear off our dressers.
- Finish editing what I have already written so I can get to the real writing.

3 comments:

Jean said...

I sold CDs and tapes for the New Braunfels band to be able to get free admission to the events they played at. It worked well.

Don't forget about freezing grapes for a nice cool summer snack.

Let us know how the weather is in San Diego. We'll be there two weeks after you on the Grand Tour. Fingers crossed that Eric's contract stays good.

Tammy Jones said...

Sounds like a good week, Wendy! I love volunteering for events - especially if it means free admission. It's a double win!

Hope you have another great week next week! {{huggs}}

Wendy said...

Jean, it's a new contract in a new job,actually. 4.5 years as opposed to the one he left, which was in the first of 3 renewal hears. They just took their sweet time after the interview figuring out the best configuration of people to hire, so we didn't feel free to make plans. Drove his dad half crazy, but it's routine for me at this point!

Post a Comment