Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Oops!

Oops! Meant to post Sunday. Didn't. Then Monday. Didn't. But am posting today. I might not get points, but I hope I get no demerits.

Last week: 
- Worked on Murder by the Mile, On Target, and a new project.
- Walked three times.
- Rode bike at home twice.
- Paid bills, kept up on household chores, worked on pool. Pool, by the way, is up, and filter is going. Should be able to get into pool this evening or tomorrow.

This week:
- Work on Murder by the Mile, On Target, and Secret of the Pack Rat's Nest. The last is my new project, but I didn't write it. I'm publishing it for a client. Yes, client. My micro-publishing venture has its first real customer. We met Monday at the library and signed the contract. She paid me half down. The rest comes as various steps get completed. I figured it would take me around 30-40 hours to complete the project. I probably charged too little, but I'll know better after I get this book under my belt. By the way, my MPV is named Many Rivers Harbor Publishing. I'm excited, worried, etc. Very pleased to have actually made a little money. I don't know where this will go or what I can do with it, but maybe it's something I can do.
- Household chores.
- Walk three times.
- Ride bike twice.
- Swim in pool several times!

And that's what I did and I'm doing and going to do. Hope you are keeping cool. It's 97 degrees here. A bit warm even for me.

5 comments:

Jean said...

Demerits? There are demerits here? Oh, no. You've obviously been busy. With life. Good for you!

Congratulations on your first paying customer for Many Rivers Harbor Publishing! Secret of the Pack Rat's Nest sounds intriguing. YA? You'll get the pricing figured out after a little experience. In this case, she got a discount for taking a chance on you, maybe? But in the end, I think you both will win.

It all sounds good.

SBB said...

It's more of a middle school, Jean. She has already had a couple of books published by regular publishers and self-published two with other companies. She was amazed how inexpensive I was, particularly since I'm (mostly) providing the same services. None of them offer entry into regular bookstores, which I can't do either.

She was impressed with how good "Creations 2012" looked, particularly the hardcover. While she wants paperbacks, she has requested a hardcover, also, after we finish the paperbacks, but I'm sure that's dependent on how her book turns out.

Jean said...

Sounds good. Are you going to do any promotion for it when it comes out?

Tammy Jones said...

Sounds like an insanely busy yet great week! And super congrats on the publishing client. Woot!!

SBB said...

Jean, I'm going to do a little as part of the package -- blogs, Facebook and Twitter mentions -- but she didn't purchase anything beyond that. And while I would have liked the extra money, I'm sort of pleased that she didn't. I have enough on my plate. Besides, I always think people are disappointed by the promotion they receive -- it's so rare to have huge sales as a result of a campaign. Even the big publishers fumble it.

Thanks, Tammy!

Post a Comment