Saturday, June 9, 2012

Tam's Week Twenty Three

Least I think that's the correct count. Almost halfway through 2012! It's been a wild week for me. :)


The Good Stuff:
  • Finished chapter 8, but haven't started 9 yet because I've had to go agent hunting. Yes, I said agent hunting (see the first not-so-good entry below)
  • I have amazing writer friends. Two have hooked me up with agents who work with their agents (since I write different things than my friends do) and both have received SPORE's proposal stuff. It's rather mind-blowing to me how quickly all this is happening, and one agent even asked me today (Saturday) for my opening and synopsis. They are the only two writers I contacted about my crisis and both have bent over backwards and gone well beyond the call of friendship to help me. Both have gushed about Spore to me - and apparently their agents - so I'm keeping my fingers crossed this goes well.
  • I also contacted my old editor - who freelances now - and she, too, has the proposal packet after an near immediate reply that she'd LOVE to help. No word yet from her, but I'm sure she'll like it too.
  • Since I promised everyone involved that Morgan was done and I had a synopsis, but then found out that I didn't have a synopsis, I am now writing its synopsis. In case someone wants it. (anyone here willing to read a synopsis? ;) )
  • Sewed some strips for a Christmas Quilt
  • Have only eaten out once - still driving through McD's for their unsweetened tea (we all love the stuff!!) but I broke down and got a sun tea jar so maybe we'll quit doing that. I usually dislike sun tea jars because they leak all over my refrigerator. Grr! So far so good with this one, tho. Maybe if we only pour from the top instead of using the spigot, it'll never leak. Right?
  • Bill's found homes for the kittens. They're all going to farms - in pairs - and will, most likely, be outside cats. That's okay, their mama was a barn cat and their daddy is a stray, so they should do just fine.
  • Someone got two new teeth! That's a cause for celebration! ;)
  • Been walking almost every day this week (didn't walk today, tho)
Not So Good:
  • My agent emailed me Wednesday to tell me he's retiring. He'd taken some time off around Memorial Day (I assumed a family/vacation kinda thing) but I guess he'd decided it was time to relax full time. Since his agency is pretty small, the other agents are already spread thin and none wanted to take me as a client or represent Spore. Fwiw, I can totally understand. Joyce Carol Oates, or me? I'd pick JCO, too. Anyway, he gave me some information about editors who might be interested in Spore (should my agent hunt not work out) and suggested I contact writer friends and my old editor (which definitely has worked out so far) and I'm all right, it was just a pretty big shock.
  • I spent most of Wednesday in a daze, but once I figured out it would be all right, that this was just God's way of telling me to get out of my rut, it got a lot better really fast. I'm actually excited. A bit stressed, yes, but excited, too!
  • Overnight, I put on 7lbs. (see next entry)
  • I am BLOATED. Omg, my legs! It's awful. I get bloaty legs every summer, but it's not that hot or humid yet. The only things that changed this week are 1) I ate some chips last weekend and early this week and 2) I took a 2.5 mile (ish) hike with Bill around a lake. We went up hills, down hills, over bridges, and across meadows. It was hot, sunburny, and exhausting. I'm inclined to blame the walk, but I don't know if it was the exertion or the sunshine that did me in. I usually do my absolute best to Stay Out Of The Sun because I'm fish-belly white and I sunburn like nobody's business (and get kinda loopy/dopey/headachy too) but I don't think it's ever made me bloat. But, then again, all that walking should have made me LOSE weight, right? Not wake up the next morning weighing more than I have at any point THIS YEAR!!  Whatever caused it, I don't like it. Been eating bananas to get more potassium in me and maybe some of this will fade off. 
  • My butt and thighs stil hurt from up and down and all around the lake. Owie!
for This Week:
  • Write
  • Stay positive
  • Be thankful. I have an amazing life!
Have a good week, everyone.  {{huggs}}

5 comments:

Jean said...

Fingers crossed that you continue to get good news on the agent front.

SBB said...

I just know you're going to get a great agent who will sell Spore for a gazillion dollars! :)

Tammy Jones said...

lol I dunno about a gazillion. A few thousand would be okay with me!

Jean said...

And that really stinks on the bloating. Ugh! Hope it went away. You kept up with the mailman on that walk? Amazing. Or, rather, no wonder you're sore!

Wendy said...

I'll read the synopsis! It sounds like a grand adventure! Good job keeping up with the mailman. I hope you're less sore today.

Post a Comment