Saturday, January 19, 2013

Crazy Dreams

Had a couple of odd early morning dreams this week, but I guess that's fairly normal.  It's a little disturbing to dream you've removed your cat's paw for some reason and forgot to put it back on, so he'll have to have surgery to repair it.  I have no idea why.

The Good Stuff:
  • Rode the bike and tracked points appropriately this week
  • Wrote morning pages every day
  • Did preliminary planning for April A-Z Blog Challenge for two blogs -- one official participant and one unofficial participant
  • Participated in Firearm Appreciation Day today by giving The Great Texas Gun Company some business.  Seems to be a family-owned and operated shop.  The owner and his son were behind the counter.  The son couldn't have been more than 14-15 max, and I really think he was younger, but that young man knew his stuff.  While I was deliberating over my purchase, he juggled at least four or five other people making ammunition purchases and looking at shotguns.  When I decided what I wanted, he handled all the paperwork, provided available options, and checked my paperwork for completeness -- finding one box I forgot to check -- before turning it over to his dad to finalize.
  • Down to a stuffed up head and a few coughs here and there, so I think I'm on a path to putting this crud behind me.
  • Hubby got his tool cage assembled and set up.  That corner of the shop is really shaping up well.  One part of hubby's crane shipment arrived this week -- on an 18 wheeler.  The driver left us around two and still had two more stops that day, ending in Laredo.  Poor guy.  We off-loaded our part onto a trailer at the shop and sent the guy on his way.  The other half the shipment should arrive next week.
  • I began winter trimming work around the bases of the crepe myrtles this week.  If I do the work now, they tend to be pretty manageable over the summer. 
  • Doctor did blood tests to check levels, and they came back and said I'm definitely on heading for menopause.  (I guess that's good.)  I could have told them that, but it's good to have that confirmed.
  • Reading is way ahead for this year.  I'm finishing a lot of books I started last year.
The Not So Good Stuff:
  • Only worked on PBOTL one day again.  I'd say I need to do it.  I'd turn around and shuffle the pages, but I simply wouldn't work on it, so I'm moving it from Good Stuff to Not So Good Stuff, because a token session to say I did it just isn't good.
  • Rossie is just not interested in interacting with us.  If she were, these kittens could have the run of the house, but as long as she avoids me, I have to restrict them to these two rooms.  I don't understand why we're so scary to her, but, apparently, we are.  It's troubling.
  • I didn't get any parlor decluttering done this week
  • I eat way too much, and it's not the good stuff. 
The Week Ahead:
  • PBOTL
  • Crepe Myrtles
  • Work with kittens
  • Continue tracking and begin evaluating for changes I want to make
  • Continue reading
  • Begin extending my work on the bike.  My resting heart rate is way higher than I'd like, so I think more cardio is needed to help that.

No comments:

Post a Comment