Saturday, January 26, 2013

Truckin'

Yep.  Just truckin' along.  Getting stuff done.  Or not.  That's just how it goes. 

The Good Stuff:
  • I did a little more this week than last week on PBOTL (not hard to do)
  • Rode the bike, tracked points, and did morning pages as planned.
  • Made good progress on the crepe myrtles. 
  • Rossie likes Swiss Cheese.  She's taken to sitting about 3-4 feet behind my computer chair.  She won't come closer while I'm in it, and I can't approach her, but she sits there -- and not just when I have cheese either.  I think she wants to be a relaxed house kitty but can't let herself relax enough to do it.
  • Hubby and I have still been getting along mostly well. 
  • I thought I'd misplaced a weapon, but after some semi-frantic searching, a re-look in the safe revealed it was hiding. Whew!
  • Got a haircut this week.  First time with a Central TX hairdresser (also one of the two town barbers), and I like how she did it.  I'll be going back to her. (One more step in completing the move here.)
The Not So Good Stuff:
  • I'm stubbornly ignoring the changes I know I need to make to effectively lose weight. 
  • I'm still not working on PBOTL as effectively as I believe I want to work on it.  It's sitting right behind me.  I could work on it at any time, yet, when I turn to do so, my mind says, "Oh! I need to do this!" And my body wanders off to do it.  I think it's the "Oh!  Butterfly" syndrome Wendy's referred to a time or two.  
  • My 95 year-old grandmother is being set up for hospice.  This could mean I'll be making a trip to WI at any time over the next six months.  I've known this was likely for some time, but it became more likely last October when she moved into a nursing home.  Presumably, she's been in a steady decline since then.  She's okay with that.  She's done everything and been everywhere she wants to have been, and she's ready to move on. I can't argue with her about that. Thankfully, my family doesn't do the hysterics, prolong life at all costs approach to things.  Grandma has handled her life very capably, and she continues to do so.  I hope I can do as well with these things as she has when the time comes for me.
The Week Ahead:
  • Continue working on the crepe myrtles
  • Continue working on PBOTL
  • Continue riding bike, tracking points, and doing morning pages
  • Hubby heads to San Antonio on Monday morning, so I'm going to try to do a better job of staying within points.  I can't blame him, so let's see how I do. (Yes, it's my fault even when he's here -- I make my own choices)
  • I'm going to try a couple of new recipes and make some personal favorites (that hubby won't eat).  I need to get pictures, because I'll be blogging about them in April.
  • Try to get a handle on a few troubling problems with FM.

6 comments:

Tammy Jones said...

{{huggs}} on your grandmother, but sounds like you're ding great with everything else.

I have a lot of trouble with the "squirrel factor', too. I'm constantly finding myself distracted when I should remain focused. I'm blaming hormones, but I dunno if that's fair.

I've been pinning some low-cal/lower points recipes on Pinterest, if you're interested.

Are you tracking online, with the app, or with a paper tracker? I'm using paper and checking off the boxes and it really helps, especially to remind me to take my vitamins and get my milk and oils in. {{huggs}}

Jean said...

I'm tracking on line. The online version also has the boxes to check. I'm not getting enough fruits and veggies. I love Pinterest for recipes.

Tammy Jones said...

It's really interesting how people are so different! I'm usually past my fruit/veggie quota by lunchtime, but struggle every day to get milk and oil in, unless I take care of them first thing with a WW smoothie.

One thing that helps me is that I never eat anything without also having 'something fresh' either in it or with it. I've really been enjoying clementines lately since they're in season and so easy to peel and eat, plus I go thru about a 2lb bag of baby carrots a week, usually.

Are there any fresh fruits/veggies you like that are easy to just eat as is?

Jean said...

I got a 5lb bag of clementines free with $20 purchase at Christmas. Yum. I got away from stocking house with fresh fruits and veggies. Need to get back to it. That will help a lot. Not enough zero point foods really hurts.

Tammy Jones said...

{{huggs}}

I know what you mean. Having a fresh-stuff stash on hand really helps.

Jean said...

It's looking like days or less for Grandma. She's refusing to eat. She's made up her mind, and she's seeing things through. She's a remarkable woman. Mom's getting ready for people to be there, and I'm getting ready for making the trip. I think I have everything planned and am waiting for appropriate details to finalize everything. Now where IS my winter coat? (It's 78 here in TX, but it's averaging freezing and below in WI.)

Post a Comment