Saturday, January 12, 2013

Oh, What A Feeling

I said I started coming down with whatever hubby had last Friday, and it's still here.  Cough. Feverish feeling. Ears stopped up. Feeling out of sorts.  The cough interferes with my CPAP, so I can't sleep with it on.  And I can't sleep with it off. I may switch back to my nasal mask for a few nights to see if being able to cough without having to re-breathe helps.  I think I have an old one around here somewhere.  I can't use it at all when I'm stuffed up, but I'm not really stuffed up, so I need to do something.

Fine.  That's enough of that.  The Good Stuff:
  • I managed to get laundry and dishes done this week in addition to a few minor piddly things around the house
  • I rode the bike twice
  • I working on PBOTL once -- mostly so I could say I did
  • I did a lot of reading.  Mostly I finished some books I'd started last year, but I have five books read for this year so far.
  • I've done Morning Pages every day this year so far.
  • I got the Siamese to the vet for their annual exams (Natasha has another ear infection) and got the kittens scheduled for their spaying/neutering and adoption viewing opportunities at the vet clinic.
  • Did a couple of test video conferences with Stephen to prove it could be done.  We're set for Google Hangouts now if we ever want to gather and work or gab or both.  Wendy or Tammy, are either of you game?  It's not something I'm wild about, but it can help sometimes.
  • I tracked points this week. Weight showed a very slight loss, but I really remained constant.
  • Kittens are doing pretty well.  Rossie is still coming along ever so incrementally.  Vet didn't seem too worried about it. The wild kittens they had at the same time Delta was there all settled in and were eventually adopted, and they were wilder than these have ever been.
The Not So Good Stuff:
  • This cold/flu whatever is not going away.  I have a doctor's appointment at the VA on Tuesday.  I guess I'll ask him about it, even though it isn't his specialty.  Mostly, I think it just has to run it's course.  As I recall, I was pretty worried about hubby when he was this far in, but he kept telling me, "I'm getting better."  Well, I'm not getting better, but I'm not really getting any worse.  There.  I went and whined again.  Sorry.
  • My night guard needs to be replaced.  I made an appointment with my dentist to start that process on Monday.
  • Sneaky walked into and out of the trap again on Monday.  I've since tied a string to the release mechanism, so I can trip it from inside the house.  She walked into the trap on Friday, but I triggered it just a little too early, and she was able to dart out before the door locked in place.  I'll try again starting on Monday, but I'm not sure how anxious she'll be to walk in again.  
The Week Ahead:
  • Dentist on Monday and GYN on Tuesday.
  • Continue to try to shake this crud
  • Work on PBOTL -- do more than a perfunctory pass 
  • Continue morning pages, reading, bike riding
  • Focus on decluttering in the parlor this week
  • Continue staying ahead on laundry and dishes (really, these are two things I usually don't have much trouble with, so they are easy wins when I don't feel well)
  • Continue working with the kittens.

4 comments:

Jean said...

A surprisingly good week considering how crummy I felt.

Tammy Jones said...

Sound like it, Jean. Sorry you're feeling so crappy. I think we're entering into The Flu Round Two since Bill's been sick for two days and my sinuses are going nuts. Otherwise I feel fine (other than my apparently new-normal of cold and achy).

I'd be willing to give a video hangout a go, with some notice to actually *be* there. I've been trying to not be online as much. Some days are good, some bad, ya know?

{{huggs}} and get feeling better.

Wendy said...

Does Google allow for multiple chatters? I skype with my other partner at least once a week. I'd be up for giving it a try. Tammy, you need to pop in once while I'm on! You're the only one who's voice I haven't heard. ;)

SBB said...

Yes, Google+ allows up to 9 chatters. I've never used it except with Jean, so I don't know for sure, but Jean has chatted with more than that.

Jean, I hope you're better this week. I'm much better today. The power of hot lemon green tea, Airborne, lots of Vitamin C, hot mentholatum showers, and naps, naps, naps.

Post a Comment