Sunday, February 24, 2013

Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show

Yes, Sir.  Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show is back home for the moment. Had a successful swap meet in Decatur, Texas, and a good visit with the kids. Even got to see the college student.  She sacrificed some sleep to meet us near campus for dinner last night before returning to her regular semester madness.

Hubby found some car parts and lantern parts at the swap meet, and I found enough ammo to swim in (well, a slight exaggeration), so I'm very happy.  Here goes the weekly check-in:

The Good Stuff:
- I actually got a short story out to critiquers, and the good news is, I learned the premise is completely wrong before submitting it.  Also, there's no conflict.  Also a good thing to learn before submitting it.  You guys are awesome.
- I tracked on Lose It!, upgraded to the premium coverage to be able to track more things, I read, and I did my Morning Pages every day
- Got the kittens to the vet, and the last one got spayed on Friday.
- I got a lot of walking in over the weekend
- My step-daughter showed me an app on her phone (she uses Android) called Workout Trainer. I found it in the App Store and installed it.  I think it may work better on the iPad, though, so I'm putting it on there.

The Not So Good Stuff:
- I got a strange invoice from the vet in my email on Saturday (their system automatically emails receipts when they process a payment).  There are two (positive) possibilities that could have triggered this, and one is not acceptable to me.  The first is what it says, they gave me a spay job.  They already discounted the others, it's not right for them to just give me this one -- I need to pay them.  The other possibility is one or more kittens got adopted on Saturday and they charged enough of an adoption fee to cover some of my costs and credited my account.  There's a third alternative, but it's not pleasant to consider, so I'm not going to.  I'm puzzled, but I'm sure all my questions will be answered tomorrow when I go out to pick them up.
- I didn't get my bike time this week.
- No PBOTL time this week.
- I didn't have any time this weekend to really ponder the CAT EYES story revision, but I did sneak a few minutes reading about plot on my Kindle app.
- I woke up this morning with a lot of drainage into the back of my throat.  The throat is starting to feel scratchy, and I'm dreading what this is likely to mean for the next week.
- The washer is dead, and the one we have on the back porch is also, for all essential purposes dead, so I'm hauling laundry to the laundromat for the foreseeable future until we find the machine we want.  At least the dryer still works, so I wash it and bring it home to dry.

The Week Ahead:
- That said, I want to get more bike time this week
- I need to come up with a good revision plan for CAT EYES
- I need to pull PBOTL out and resume work on it.
- I need to get some things done around the house
- I'm going to do some preliminary work on the taxes
- Pick up the kittens, assuming they haven't all been adopted.

No comments:

Post a Comment