Sunday, February 10, 2013

Here I am!

Busy weekend. I seem to be saying that a lot lately. Fortunately it's been a lot of fun stuff.

Good Stuff:
- I saw my bard mentor twice this week--once at a meeting for the St Louis Scottish Games (he's on the board, too), and again yesterday to talk bard stuff. He helped me flesh out my warrior queens. At some point (maybe at the St Louis Games) we're going to do a tag team story telling. I'll do my warrior queens and he'll do the men in their lives. Well, some of the men. We don't have time for all of them.
- Got some house work done. I'm always so glad to have it done. Never so glad to do it.
- Did some work on the embryo, and then decided to put it aside for a few days to work on King Or Country a little bit. Sort of a busman's holiday, plus I think I'm at the point on the embryo that things are going to change when I get to the retreat and start brainstorming with Rachel (Hauck) and Susie May (Warren). Why spend time staring at the blank page when what I come up with is likely to be replaced with something better? The embryo already has a LOT of white-out in it!
- Turned in my paperwork for taxes to my preparer (Eric).
- Printed receipts and stuff for taxes for next year, and they're already filed. I know, it's so efficient! Let's hope that lasts.
- Yesterday Eric met a Yorkshire Terrier he liked. There might be hope yet that I'll eventually get a little dog. We might still have to get a big one (he's thinking Irish Wolfhound) to balance it out, though, and probably not while Chloe is still around.

Not So Good Stuff:
- We're still eating out too much. However, we did discuss some strategies for healthier eating for Lent which will hopefully carry on past Easter. Neither of us has been eating as well as we should. I see a variety of salads in our future.
- Still have plenty of housework to do.
- Our re-ordered cabinets are supposed to get to the store this week. There's no telling how long it will take to have them installed. I wish I could nail down a timeline so I could at least know how done things would be before I go to the retreat, but until they come in there's no way to do that. They don't have a regular delivery day; they just bring stuff when it comes. Unfortunately it's shipped from Chicago. If the warehouse was in St Louis, I'd go pick them up myself.
- I'm having the worst time keeping the timetable for the retreat in my brain. For my own edification, I leave Thursday the 21st, where I'll spend the night in Huntsville AL and have dinner with my writing partner, Suzy. The retreat starts at 5 p.m. on the 22nd and goes until the evening of the 26th. The 27th I'll head back to Huntsville to pester Suzy and come home March 1. Maybe now I can keep it straight. Probably not. For some reason it was easier last year when I flew down.

This Week:
- Do the newsletter for the Scottish society.
- Try not to call Lowe's twice a day to see if my cabinets are in yet.
- Do March Powerpoints for church.
- Start a packing list for the retreat. (I can take more since I'm driving. Not sure that's a good thing.)
- Clean out Eric's car.

1 comment:

Jean said...

I just waved to you from St. Louis. Sounds like a productive week. I'm having a terrible time keeping track of things lately. You have my sympathy.

Post a Comment