Saturday, February 2, 2013

Chase the Clouds Away

It's been an interesting week.  Kind of topsy turvey. 

The Good Stuff:
  • I'm reading, doing my morning pages, riding the bike, and recording my points.
  • I got some work done on the crepe myrtles this week
  • Grandma's still hanging in there
  • Floyd is back home after being neutered.  Delta went into heat, and I figured the other girls would soon follow.  The safest approach seemed to be to get Floyd away from them and neutered.
  • I created a flier for the four of them at the vet, and they're going to list them on Craig's List, too.
  • Our neighbor's son has his Eagle Scout Court of Honor on March 2.
  • We got a little bit of rain this week
  • I had fresh off the tree oranges.  Good.
The Not So Good Stuff:
  • Staying ready to travel isn't very conducive to accomplishing other things.  It's not that I can't get anything done, I'm just constantly mentally distracted.
  • I tried a couple of new recipes and I wasn't wild about either one.
  • Hubby went to San Antonio and his truck got broken into with a smash and grab for his suitcase.  It could have been worse, but that meant he spent the week dealing with that.  The truck is fixed and he's replaced the critical things stolen (medication).
  • I worked an extended period (for me) on PBOTL one day this week.  That's sort of good stuff, but I only did it the one day.
  • I tried locking Rossie in the bedroom with me for a couple nights (as suggested by Tash's foster mommy).  In this case, it didn't seem to help.  I'm pretty sure they'll be coming home with me after getting spayed.  I'll give them the run of the house then (well, with the same access as the other cats have), and Rossie will socialize at her pace or spend a lot of time in hiding. She's a good litter box user, and she knows where the food and water is.  I think she wants to come around, but, mostly, she's choosing not to.  If she's on the rocker, she's willing to be approached, petted, and handled.  If she's not, you're not going to do it.  We have an agreement, when I get the crate ready for bed, she sneaks inside to the carrier while the other kittens are winding around me feet for their food bowl.  She spends time around four feet from me.  As long as I don't reach for her, she'll relax there.  I guess that's just her comfort level at this time.
The Week Ahead:
  • Maintain the standard morning pages, bike rides, points tracking, and reading.
  • Work on PBOTL
  • Remain ready to travel
  • If nothing happens between now and then, I'm heading to SA for a week on Thursday.  I have some hedges to cut way back there, and February is the time to do it.
  • My truck is due for it's 18,000 mile service, so I'll try to get that done while I'm down there.

6 comments:

Jean said...

Heading for WI on Monday morning after I drop the kittens at the vet. Hubby will be back here tomorrow night. Grandma died around 8 tonight. All her children were with her.

SBB said...

I'm sorry to hear that, Jean. I'll be thinking of you and your family.

Jean said...

Thank you, Stephen.

Tammy Jones said...

I'm so sorry, about your grandmother, Jean. {{hugs}}

Wendy said...

I'm sorry Jean. My prayers are with you. Safe travels.

Jean said...

Thank you, Tammy and Wendy.

Post a Comment