Sunday, February 3, 2013

Getting back into the routine

Sort of. Trying to, anyway.

Good Stuff:
- You've likely seen the kitchen pictures to date. We're still on track to have the re-ordered cabinets arrive the week of the 11th. I'm really hoping they can get them installed and the last piece of counter templated before I leave for the retreat on the 21st. So ready to have this done, although it's been a lot less painful than I thought it would be.
- Made some progress on the book prep. I've started referring to the binder of prep material as my book embryo. It sounds better than fetus. Not sure why. TMI, Stephen? ;-)
- Rendezvous laundry is done. Regular laundry is not, but when does it ever stay done?
- The dusting of snow we were supposed to get this weekend showed up last night after I went to bed. It dusted about 3". Not complaining; we need all the moisture we can get to try to bust the drought. Besides, it's pretty.
- The new dishwasher is so quiet! It's like the pitter patter of rain on the roof, as opposed to the old one, which was more like a 747 taking off in my kitchen.

Not So Good Stuff:
- Lots of housework to do. That never stops, and I never seem to get more efficient. Whatever happened to practice makes perfect? Isn't that supposed to kick in eventually? Do any of you clean on a schedule? Does it work for you?
- I'm losing weight at the rate of 1/3 to 1/2 pound per week. I'm about to pack up the smaller size jeans, buy another pair of the bigger size, and call it a day. I'm still within the healthy BMI range, but I am at the top of the scale. Eric seems to like my muffin top anyway.

Ambivalent Stuff:
- I have to renew my website with Go Daddy in April. I'm not particularly happy with them. I don't find them especially user friendly in terms of building or maintaining. I'm open to suggestions for a new host through which to renew my domain. No idea where to start with this, and I'm completely overwhelmed just thinking about it. Makes me want to go take a nap.

This Week:
- Get the kitchen as finished as I can at this point.
- Give the kitchen floor and bathrooms a good scrub.
- Keep working on the embryo.
- Vacuum. Everywhere.

1 comment:

Jean said...

I have my domain registration with GoDaddy, but my hosting is via Bluehost. They're cheap. They're unlimited. And they're generally reliable. Although they had about a three hour outage last night when their power took a spike. I'd have been more concerned about it if I was running a for profit website via them. For what I need, shared hosting, they've been fine. I was backing up my hard drive to the site for awhile, but I logged in to a banner ad across the top notifying that was grounds to be shut down. (I don't know if they were targeting me or not, but I pulled my files down and found alternative ways.)

FM swears by TigerTech, and I'm certain they are fabulous, but they're more expensive than what I need.

Consider switching to a weight maintenance plan instead of losing. I think you'd do very well with that.

Good luck with the embryo!

Post a Comment