Sunday, March 16, 2014

3 Steps to Increase Productivity?

Here's a suggestion I just saw to increase productivity in three steps. I jokingly replied on Twitter: Step 1: Turn off computer. Step 2: Walk away. Step 3: Do something.  But, seriously, this guy's suggestion is as follows:

  1. At the end the day I wrote down what I accomplished
  2. At the start the day I wrote down what I wanted to get accomplished for that day
  3. I wrote down the biggest frustrations I had during that day
According to him, he gained the most insight from tracking down his biggest frustrations during the day.  Apparently, it helped him find many inefficiencies and devise solutions.  Many of us do the first two, but do you think adding the third thing would help?  We do a variation of that here weekly, but this approach is likely to work better done privately to some extent.

What are your thoughts?

4 comments:

Wendy said...

That sounds interesting. I think privately done would be better to start with. If nothing else, journaling frustration would be a way to vent and keep it from building.

Wendy said...

OTOH, if we do that here, one of us might see something we can't see ourselves. Wouldn't be the first time.

Jean said...

I agree on both counts. :)

Tammy Jones said...

I agree, too, but your initial set of three steps would probably help me more. ;) {{hugs}}

Post a Comment