Sunday, March 30, 2014

Sunny!!!

We've finally got a warm(ish) sunny day, and for the first time there's no snow in the two week forecast on Accuweather.com. I'll take it!

Good Stuff:
- I have the synopsis for Weeping Willow done. Now to polish the first scene and send it off to the Frasier.
- Worked out 4 times again.
- Found long skirts at the right price when I wasn't looking. I'll wear them primarily for barding, but they'll be nice to have for other occassions, too. I got a blue one and a black one. Yes, Stephen, if I layer one over the other, I'll be black and blue.
- Our church did a seminar on life transitions yesterday that was very helpful. Three hours well spent.
- We saw Divergent again. It was Eric's idea--the first time he hadn't read the book, and he wanted to see it again after having read it. Yeah, he reads fast. He's read the whole series this week.
- Started getting things together for Tartan Day.
- Found a kitty sitter. She walks my neighbor's dogs when she's out of town and comes highly recommended. Her rates are a lot less than I thought they'd be--just a little bit more than I was paying my kids' friend.
- I think Vicky is going to help us with the clan tent all of next weekend. It's going to be nice to hang out with her for a while.

Not So Good Stuff:
- While I don't have bad days per se anymore, I still have bad moments. Mostly it's unexpected things that make me miss the kids. Still, it's an improvement.
- The barometer has been a roller coaster lately and it's triggered three migraines for Eric in the last two weeks. I hope the weather stays stable this week. He's traveling again for work. Instead of flying back into O'Hare Friday, I'll pick him up in St. Louis for Tartan Day and we'll drive home together.
- Yes, that means getting ready for Tartan Day is solely my responsibility. It will entail packing what we have here, and then going downstate to pack what we have there as well as the boxes I couldn't bring the last time. The list making is in full swing! The nice thing is I can pack things and take them right down to the van. Hopefully that will minimize what I forget.

This Week:
- Pack gear
- Practice stories
- Eat well. Since Eric will be gone I can experiment a little more. :-)
- Get to the gym 4 times again.

Have a great week, y'all! I'll try to post pictures from the Festival on Facebook next weekend.


1 comment:

Jean said...

So much goodness! Travel safely and have fun!

Post a Comment