Saturday, March 1, 2014

Rapid Roy (The Stock Car Boy)

Manu Ginobili (star guard for the San Antonio Spurs) blew out a sneaker in a spectacular way during a game this week, and the Spurs training staff had one for him to change into nearly immediately when play finally stopped long enough for him to sit on the bench for a minute to change the offending shoe.

We're in San Antonio.  Things are going reasonably well.

- Lady is one week into her medication.  She's more subdued.  She's not picking fights with the other cats.  Rossie has growled at her at least once, but Lady has not been aggressive in her behavior.  When we're not sleeping and home, Lady is out of her cage.  When we leave the house to run errands, we put Lady in the cage just in case.  We also put her in the cage overnight just so there's no chance she disrupts Mr. L's (or my) sleep with a potential altercation.  Ruby has taken to spending time in Lady's cage, and I've not chased her out when I've put Lady back in.  So, Lady has had company.  Including last night.  Ruby and Lady coexisted in the cage just fine, but at 7 this morning, I heard Ruby meow, so I let them both out. Delta was sleeping on the bed within a foot of Lady today, and didn't seem to be afraid of her.  Lady has been on the bed in the bedroom all day today -- which is right near the chair Rossie takes refuge under.  Rossie doesn't move about much during the day, so I'm not certain if Lady just wants to sleep on the bed, or if there is an underlying tone of aggressiveness here.  Time will tell.

- We got one china berry taken down, cut up, and out for trash pickup on Monday.  We plan to get the other one next week.  This corner of the yard is nearly rehabilitated.  It's been several years coming together, but it's getting there. 

- I'm starting the third month of eating mindfully.  I'm losing a few pounds a month, and I'm nearly ready to move down a size in jeans -- I've been wearing my next smaller size jeans interchangeably, and my larger size jeans feel pretty loose.  Here's the third month update on Medium.

- I'm doing a little working on Kitty City.  I have Polar Bear on the Loose here with me.  Lots of work available to be done.

The Week Ahead:

- Vote on Tuesday
- Take down the second china berry tree
- Write and revise
- Prepare for Cat's visit beginning on the 10th
- Keep an eye on Lady to see how she's adjusting to the medication.

No comments:

Post a Comment