Monday, October 1, 2012

How the heck did another weekend slip past???

Somehow, it's Monday again. The weekend must have been busier than I thought.

Good stuff:
- The Scottish Games are done for the year. It wasn't without hiccups, but it all worked out and I know what I'm doing for next year.
- I told my two stories multiple times and worked on a couple more to have as back-up. My mentor had to step into the role of Ceremonies at the last second when the lady who does it fell ill. She's a good friend of Jeff's (my mentor) and frankly, there aren't many people she would have trusted to do a good job. Long story short, I thought I might have to take on more of the story telling, but as it turned out, I didn't need to, although our last half hour session ran an hour and a half, and I wrapped it up. It was a lot of fun and, two days later, I find myself falling into the Highland lilt when I talk. :-) The best part is that the lady that fell ill is fine and has agreed that Jeff should take it over permanently, which means he'll be coming from Kansas City once a month or so to attend board meetings, so we'll have more opportunities to get together and talk shop.
- I mentioned to Jeff that I want to learn sword fighting so I can write fight scenes more effectively, and he referred me to one of the pipers. Turns out, he teaches on Saturday mornings somewhere in St Louis, which is not an ideal location for me, but it's free, so that makes it more than ideal! One of my Highland Dancer friends may be joining us.
- Got the garage partially done. Hopefully most of the gear will go out there next week (it's still in my dining room), which will give me the space to varnish my kitchen.
- Taped almost all of the upstairs bathroom (aka the Manson bathroom) before I ran out of tape.

Not So Good Stuff:
- We're getting into the gloomy season and my energy is already waning. Looking into some dietary changes that might help with that, as well as new activities.
- The cats have been Velcro since we got back. I can't sit on the couch without at least one of the tabbies joining me. Both of them slept on me when I napped yesterday. I'm starting to be grateful that Tess isn't a snuggler.
- I haven't starting NaNo plotting yet, although this year most of that will be collecting pictures for writing prompts.
- I'm signed up for the Scrivener class, but I'm SO far behind.

This Week:
- Meet with Jeff tomorrow. Maybe finally see him in pants.
- Finish the garage and move when I can outside.
- Run/swim 4 days minimum.
- Catch up on Scrivener.

2 comments:

SBB said...

"... finally see him in pants" ... You do lead an interesting life. :)

Jean said...

:) Now that you're home, you should be able to catch up on the Scrivener class.

Post a Comment