Saturday, October 6, 2012

Scarped

This week was more of last week's cold with a healthy dose of drama as close friends decided to implode their lives and attempted to bring me into the inferno. I learned a long time ago to back away from crazy, so I was only singed, but it left me feeling scarped raw. I've always been an emotional mirror, reflecting what goes down around me. It was ... unpleasant.

Anyway, I'm feeling better physically. The cold still has a hand on me, but it's a light touch, and as long as I'm careful, I think it will be gone completely in the next couple of days.

I did update the various blogs I watch over: Kelley Benson's Books, The Books of Martha E. Rhynes, and Creations 2012. The only blog I neglected was mine! But I'm going to update Harbor Street as soon as I'm done here.

And I found some royalty free artwork for Tales from Bethlehem and for Oakleaf Harbor Cards. Dover Publications supplied the art for both projects. Dover has started a new -- cheaper -- site to download art. It's called DoverPictura and worth checking out if you're a crafter.

And I got some more keeper words on Tales. I had to discard one Tale so I'm writing another one to take its place. The discarded Tale just didn't bring anything new to the Nativity and was only repeating information and events from the other Tales. I do like the main character (Dora Ruth) and maybe she will get her Tale told yet, but not in that Tale.

"The Cook's Tale" turned out to be a story of self-sacrifice, which I hadn't expected. Currently, I'm adding words to "The Clerk's Tale," one of my favorites and one that needed length. I'm trying to keep the book to around 100 pages. That way I can price it about $12 and still have room for a discount at various book signings.

This week, health permitting, I'm going to catch up on chores and write more on Tales from Bethlehem. One of my authors (Kelley Benson) has his first book signing Tuesday, Oct. 23, so I'll help him with that. He's doing great with sales, well on his way to breaking even and moving into the profit margin. It's been exciting to watch his enthusiasm, and he's been grand to work with. I wish all my authors were like him.

Anyway, that's my story. Hope you have a great week!


2 comments:

Tammy Jones said...

Sorry about your friends and the singeing. Many {{huggs}} around your blisters.

Glad to hear the cold's getting better and that most other things are going well. Isn't it cool when a story goes places and does things you're not expecting?

Have a great second week of October! {{huggs}}

SBB said...

Thanks for the careful hugs! :)

You have a great week, too!

Post a Comment