Saturday, December 21, 2013

Glad this week is done.

It's been a week.

Almost done with the first pass of 'buffing out the crazy' revisions to Morgan's Run - about 35 pages to go - then I'm reviewing my notes again and re-reading to make sure all of the smaller not-crazy tweaks are in place. In most ways, it's come easier than I'd expected, I'm usually psychologically resistant to changing characters and their motivations and reactions. I try, but find myself really, really upset to the point of crying. This time... I'm just doing it, diligently, happily almost. Maybe I'm finally ready to let the book go, I dunno.

Anyway, I think I'm on track for getting it to my agent the first of January.

No good news on SPORE yet, but I'm actually rather confident about one publisher in particular. There are plans in place if they and others decline, and we'll keep on trying to get it sold. It'll sell. That's about it for book stuff.

We're as ready as we're going to be for Christmas. Spent a little more than we'd planned, but I think it'll be a good one for our daughter and granddaughter. We didn't know what to get for Bill's dad, but there's a nearby butcher shop that hand-processes locally raised livestock, so we bought him meat. Everyone loves meat, right? I have absolutely nothing sewn, for the first time in at least twenty years.

Thank you all for the Christmas cards! I have them hanging on the cabinet in my kitchen.

There's a bad winter storm south of us - some of you might be feeling its effects - and I've been watching the weather hoping it dumps a substantial amount of snow in Des Moines for purely selfish reasons. Bad, I know, but here we are.

I went to the doc this past week to check out my ongoing pelvic pain/cramping issues and, based solely on related symptomatology, my doc decided it was probably an ovarian cyst. She scheduled me for an immediate ultrasound to confirm, and she was absolutely correct. I knew something was up when the tech turned the screen away from me, focused solely on my left side (even took extra scans my doc hadn't ordered just to get some additional pics) and stopped answering my questions. VERY scary at the time, especially since my grandmother'd had uterine cancer. The ultrasound doc came in to give me the prognosis - a very nice, sad faced woman - and seeing her come in and introduce herself was also rather scary (those kinds of doctors don't come in and talk to patients unless it's BAD), but she said it was nothing dangerous, just needed to be watched and would cause discomfort. I have to go back in mid Feb for another ultrasound to see if it's growing, shrinking, or staying the same. Hysterectomy was mentioned, but nothing was set. I'll know more in Feb. I don't hurt much right now, just occasional twinges and a lot of pressure, but it was both reassuring - at least I have an answer - and worrisome - what if I need surgery. Since my regular doc didn't call Friday, I expect to hear from her Monday, or maybe Thursday to get the full report. I'll just take it as it comes.

The ultrasound doc insisted it wasn't cancer, and, truly, if it was the medical process would've already started turning, so that's good.

I've pretty much shelved the diet this week, but I'll try to get back on it tomorrow. Hopefully. I only have so much focus and energy and between the books, the babysitting, life in general, Christmas, and now my fun new cyst, I'm stretched pretty thin, mentally speaking.

We're all fine, the pets are fine, life overall is fine. I hope you all have a glorious holiday and a Merry Christmas!!  {{hugs}}

3 comments:

Wendy said...

So glad you're getting good news on the books. It's positive momentum, which is sometimes more than you can hope for in this glacial business.

The medical news, while not great, is still good. I hope the cyst shrinks. Stupid wonky hormones. I'm there with you.

Have a great Christmas!

SBB said...

So looking forward to your books being published. It will be awesome!
Have a wonderful Christmas!

Jean said...

In general, sounds like good news overall. You're right about medical wheels starting to turn if you had anything to worry about. I'm not wild about the idea of a hysterectomy, but if that's the right solution, if and when that time comes, it's the right solution.

Hugs for the DM weather wishes. :) Hugs for everything in general.

Post a Comment