Friday, December 27, 2013

Year in review

I find myself at loose ends this evening, so I thought I'd take a look at where I've been. I'm still thinking through what I want to do in 2014. In the past, I've set goals almost arbitrarily. As I get older, it seems more helpful to think about who I want to be next year at this time, and figure out what I need to do to get there. It's taking more thought. I'll get back to you when they're solidified. In the meantime, I hope all of you had a lovely holiday and that 2014 will bring you joy.

2013 Goals:

·      Make enough money to pay at least half my professional expenses. Not even close. I didn't make a dime this year.
·      Keep the new kitchen clean. That one's about 50/50. I'm a slob at heart, and increased counter space has, at times, bred clutter.
·      Give to the food bank at least three times. Hmm. No. I think I gave twice. There's still time in the year. I could probably put together a bag to take this weekend from what I have in my pantry.
·      Keep $5.00 bills in the car for people standing on the corners. Yes! I have given them out fairly regularly here. I'm a little scared to do it in Chicago, but once I get used to the area, I'm sure I'll continue the practice.
·      Seriously declutter. I have no idea how to measure this.Yes, if only so I won't have to move things.
·      Do at least 1 bible study. Yes. I knocked that one out early.
·      Learn more ways to defend myself. Sort of. I did take a couple months of Judo, but the dojo I was attending was more focused on tournaments than self-defense.
o  Practice the ways I already know. Yes. In fact, I'll be doing so tomorrow.
·      Write 150,000 book words. Yes. Barely. I hit 150,031. It's a victory on paper, but I'm not happy with it. I could have done 200k if I'd tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment