Sunday, December 1, 2013

Time Passes By

Did you know it's December?  My, my, my.  Time does fly.  I'm feeling miserable this weekend -- a head, chest, and other kind of cold is trying to settle in.  But you don't want to hear about that.

The Good Stuff:
  • Ummmmm.
  • I finished NaNo.
  • I'm seeing incrementally more of Rossie over the last couple of days. With Lady in the cage, I'm seeing more of Ruby and Delta, too.
  • I used Apple's Black Friday gift card special to order a 15" Retina MacBookPro. I was going to buy it in late December or early January, and Apple never discounts their stuff.  I can use the $150 gift card to reduce the price of the new Mini whenever it's released.  I found a Hard Candy case on Amazon (regularly $60) for $12.
  • The RandR Fiction Club newsletter is nearly ready to go.
  • I learned a little more about how the Aweber stuff works by setting up a couple more lists -- one for regular Fiction Club members, which will go live on January 2 and another for blog posts subscriptions to Philosophical Meanderings.  I don't expect a lot of subscribers to that; it's a low traffic blog both for readers and postings.
  • Our local high school team advanced to the quarterfinals in their quest to repeat as state champions in their class and division.  Surprisingly, Alamo Heights (our local high school in SA) is also in the chase for a state championship in their class and division.
The Not So Good Stuff:
  • Ummmmm.
  • Lady is confined to cage while I try to figure out how to reduce her aggressive behavior to the other  cats.  I feel terrible about this, even though it's a large cage and I let her out a couple of times a day in a more controlled area.  This was a long time coming on, and it will take some time to correct the situation, but at the moment, it appears the only solution may be to find a home for Lady where she can be the only cat.
  • I "bricked" a 1TB portable hard drive I used for Time Machine backups of the Air when a firmware update failed.  The drive went out of warranty in May, so I'm just out of luck for that drive.  I ordered two new drives to go with the new laptop, and I'll have at least one of them serve double duty as a backup drive for the Air as well.
The Week Ahead:
  • Ummmmm.
  • Get Revolution applied to all the cats
  • Prepare old manuscripts for review and analysis.  I found character sketches during NaNo and found a few I really liked, so I think it's time to blow the dust off the first drafts and put together a plan for the future.
  • Rest as needed.  I'd like to feel better next week.
  • After temperatures in the 30s last week, we can look forward to cozy 70s this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment