Monday, December 30, 2013

Buh bye, 2013

I'm late to this party - again - but I have been tying to get some life stuff sorted out and this fits in well with it.

This past year was crazy hectic, and I didn't achieve any of my big goals (like sell a book and lose 50lbs) but I didn't do too bad, either. Here are my hopes/plans/goals for 2013.

Personal

  • Become re-motivated with Weight Watchers and lose the 12 lbs I've slowly picked up since I fell off the wagon this past June. I've already started doing baby steps for this - like track just my Good Health Guidelines and Exercise, so I'm confident I'll get back on track.
  • Exercise 2 days on, 1 day off, to hopefully avoid injuries yet increase my health.
  • Lose a total of 25lbs this year. Half a pound a week is surely doable.
  • Rediscover quilting. I haven't sewn hardly at all since June and it bugs me. I want to completely finish one bed sized quilt this year and make 6 small ones. Again, totally doable.
  • Also doing the 52 week money challenge this year, yet another thing that fell apart in June.
  • Be more mindful with decluttering. Not sure if I want to re-join up with FlyLady, so I'm doing the LIFT decluttering plan.
  • Try at least one new healthy recipe every pay period (2 weeks). I haven't been creative in the kitchen lately either.
  • Limit my Facebook time. It just sucks my life away, and for very little payoff.
  • Same thing with politics. The middle has become the fringe and getting frustrated doesn't help me or anyone else.
  • Play more with my granddaughter instead of letting her do her own thing so much.
  • Insist on dedicated couple time with my hubby.
Professional

  • Do whatever I can to find a home for SPORE and MORGAN'S RUN so I can return to being a working writer.
  • Write two other books. One spec thriller, one something else.
  • Find a way to blog more consistently to help market the books.
  • Create dedicated writing time and space that doesn't keep me up until 2 or 3 am every night. That's just too late when I babysit all day.

Everything Else

  • Relax.
  • Enjoy life.
  • Breathe.
{{hugs}} and happy new year, everyone!

1 comment:

SBB said...

Are you going to do the 52 Week Money Challenge forward or backward? I'm going to do it forward, but I think Wendy is going to do it backward.

Post a Comment