Saturday, September 10, 2011

duh

Hi from Duh Land, where I think I just saw Tammy! Hi, Tammy!

Writing: Bits and pieces of the usual stuff. I changed something in the story and it snowballed into a bunch of other details that have to be changed. Go figure.

Clutter: Um, yeah. I still have it.

Health: I was down another pound and a half, but then we went out last night. I thought I was being good. I ordered grilled veggies over mashed potatoes. I didn't even finish it all. I splurged on a glass of wine. This morning I weighed in two pounds heavier. The moral of the story, apparently, is that I must swim. I think I went twice last week, but I worked an extra shift on a swim day. I also haven't been to yoga in a couple weeks because of the allergy sleep disturbances and the fact that the class is too stinking early. So I need to get back into a routine. Later, after the excitement dies down. I'm still at my goal weight so all is not lost.

Misc: I'm getting my hair cut Tuesday morning. I'm practically counting the hours. I'll post pics on Facebook.

I did get my allergy meds changed and they seem to be helping, but I'm still foggy. I have more nights when I sleep than don't, so that's helping. I've gotten pretty vigilant about eating a couple teaspoons of local honey a day. I'm not sure if that's enough to make much difference, but some is better than none. I figure over time it's got to have some impact.

Eric got a job offer from the company taking over the contract. It's a little less than what he's making now, and he'll have to start from zero on vacation time, but it's a job, and in this economy, that's all that matters. He's still looking for openings with his current employer, but it looks like he'll be starting this month with the new guys.

I think that's about all the news that's news, unless you want to hear about the jewelry I got from my boss's Stella & Dot show.

4 comments:

Jean said...

A job is a job, and Eric can keep looking if he wants to, so it sounds like he's on the right track for now.

My weight has fluctuated over four pounds this week -- from a pound and half lower than I finally weighed in at this week to two and half pounds more (that was yesterday morning). I'm still working on personal issues with points. I hope to have some progress next week.

SBB said...

Congrats to your husband on the job! And sorry to hear you're still battling the allergies and sleep disturbances.

What is a Stella & Dot show?

Wendy said...

Stella & Dot is a jewelry company. They do parties (like Tupperware, only shinier) and have some cool vintage looking pieces. They also have stuff I wouldn't wear in a million years, but that just proves they have a wide variety of styles.

Tammy Jones said...

Maybe there was too much salt in the veggies? Maybe? I know when I have too much I bloat up, and water weight is awful. Congrats to Eric! Woohooooo!!

(And I think your hair looks super cute! Have fun at the conference!!)

Post a Comment