Saturday, September 24, 2011

Sept 24 tambometrics

Wow. September's almost over. It's passed quickly.

Writing
No writing. Agent hasn't sent me notes for changes yet, but M has gone to two other publishers. One is especially intriguing for me, so I guess we'll see. Trying to remain upbeat.

Life
Not much postal going on, mostly because there's no way to get the newest gossip and news. Bill's been out of town on a fishing trip with a friend since Wed morning and I really miss him. LOTS. When no one called to say they got there, I called Thurs morning to check in and his buddy (we don't have cell phones) was in town getting something, Bill was back at the lake. Tonight I called to see if they were gonna make it back tonight or tomorrow (there was some question when they'd left if they were gonna stop in KC like Joe wanted or drive on through like Bill had suggested) and Bill sounded grouchy even tho we only talked for like 20 seconds. Maybe. If that. Was it me? Was he getting tired of his friend? Was it his hurt back? No idea. I hope he wasn't mad at me for interrupting his guy time, but I miss him lots.

Echo's incision abscessed and opened, which was one. more. thing. Poor kitty.

My crazy neighbor lady received some really bad legal news and, on Facebook, posted she was locking herself in her house, pulling the shades, and breaking her 21 year sobriety. She has no one, no family, no friends I've ever seen or even heard of outside of Facebook (and she'd often made vague suicidal comments), and I know she'd been depressed over lots and lots of things, so I tried to help, but she wouldn't come to the door. She'd taped paper to all of her windows. Phone calls went to voicemail. No answer on FB pings. I was really worried and had no way to tell if she was watching crappy movies and crying into a beer, or trying to drink herself to death.

Trying to make sure she was okay was not a fun way to spend my Wednesday. Gak, it seems like it's been longer than that!

Had to cancel the Dish because of money issues and they finally turned it off this week. I don't normally watch much TV, but when there's no money, nothing to do, I can't sew, no words, and I get sick of the internet... It's just another thing that's screwed up and off kilter here. And, of course, the TV's remote is packed somewhere in the storage facility. I went and bought a universal remote - no channels up here, other than a brief, grainy respite with an ancient episode of Matlock - but it is working with the TV.  Laura brought down the DVD player and we've watched some DVDs. Bill's supposed to put up a big antenna on the garage Monday, I think, assuming his back isn't worse. Maybe then we'll have something to do besides sitting around worrying and dwelling on the mess.

Some days I feel like I'm cracking up. Back to crying a lot again. Is it stress? Is it hormonal? Heck if I know, but it sucks.

House
No calls or looks at the house. None. We haven't had an official 'walk through' since July, other than last weekend's open house which was mostly neighbors. Scary and very worrisome. The weather's really turned chilly and we've already had frost. Winter will be here soon.

Health
EA Sports Active 2 is going well and I made up last week's missed session, only to injure myself a couple of days later, so I've missed one this week. All in all, one missed in 4 weeks is pretty darn good, I think. Since tomorrow is a rest day, I will most likely try to make it up and be totally back on track.

I'm down 4 lbs from where I was a week ago. Yay! Still sniffly, but I'm pretty sure it's allergies since the fields are getting harvested.

Everything Else
I don't need any more 'else' ;)

{{hugggs}}

3 comments:

Jean said...

I'll bet Bill's back (and maybe the rest of his body) is killing him. I'm pretty sure it wasn't you whatever it was.

Were you ever able to determine if your neighbor was okay?

You are doing great with EA Sports Active.

Tammy Jones said...

Yeah, she's okay. I was really in a panic, as were a couple of other neighbors who'd friended her on facebook, one who happened to not only be our mayor, but in the local fire department, and HE had no luck either and was about the call the police to do a 'welfare check' when ANOTHER neighbor (the local Lutheran pastor) joined up with us all and HE went over, but he was lucky enough to walk up right as she was letting the dog out to go potty. She refused to talk to him, but at least he *saw* her and we were all really relieved.

I LOVE small towns. We really try to watch out for each other.

She's still not talking to anyone or going out about in her yard, but she's playing plenty of facebook games (and had posted the pic on my wall yesterday of the cat with the slice of bread) so, yeah, I guess she's okay. :)

Jean said...

Sounds like she's okay but wants some time alone. I can understand that.

Post a Comment