Thursday, September 22, 2011

mid-week update

I'm home for a little while in between stuff. Dad's surgery went very well. His L5 vertebra hid slipped nearly half an inch, but it slid right back into place. The surgeon fused L4, L5 and S1. It was, to be blunt, a hellishly long day and we're all glad it's over. Dad was still high on morphine and in quite a bit of pain yesterday when I saw him, but the nurses told him that the first day post-op is the worst. The physical therapist had him up and walking, and taught him how to get in and out of bed on his own without twisting his spine. He's got 6 months of recovery ahead but he's going to feel a lot better. Thanks for your prayers. They helped a lot. On a lighter note, my little brother and I spent 10 hours together and we didn't argue once. Maybe he's growing up after all! ;-)

2 comments:

Tammy Jones said...

{{huggs}} glad the surgery went well and he's back on his feet. {{HUGGGSSSSS}}}

Jean said...

Glad the surgery went well. I hope you're enjoying the conference. Congrats on not beating up your little brother. I guess you are growing up. ;)

Post a Comment