Saturday, September 24, 2011

Week 38

Thirty-eight weeks out of fifty-two in the year.  Next week, I'll be reporting from somewhere on the road between here and PA.

Polar Bear on the Loose - Nada. I've temporarily set it aside to begin preparation work for NaNo.  I'm not as much of a pantser as I thought I was, and I need to do some prep work to be able to get through 50k of story in November.

750words.com - I got the writing done each day

Internet Responsibilities - Did a few light administrative duties at FM, found a problem on my personal site, and Margaret told me what it meant, and I was able to fix it, and actually got a blog post done this week.

Pets - The kids are all doing well.  They are preparing for a long stay at their respective camps when we head out on the annual trek to Hershey later this week.

Property -
I don't know what hubby did in SA.  I puttered this week, gathering stuff to pack for the trip and mostly not really getting much done.

Health -
- I'm still doing terrible on points.  I couldn't weight last Saturday, and when we got home, Monday morning's scale reading was TERRIBLE, so I posted Thursday's reading to WW, hoping this morning's reading would be a little better.  It was.  The scale says I lost a pound from last week.  My behavior for this week does not support that, so I'm still looking at what's going on in my head and trying to see how I can head off what I fear is impending disaster for achieving my goals. 
- I had my pre-vacation rheumatology appointment on Thursday.  The plan was to get my knee injected, and that went very well.  The doc asked if I had any concerns, and I told him I was feeling a little apprehensive.  He asked if I'd ever had any injections before, and that triggered a memory of getting a couple injections for plantar fascitis about ten years ago.  That went very well, didn't hurt, and I felt better almost immediately.  That put me at ease, and the whole process went very well.  My knee feels pretty good.  I can still feel the bones sliding on bones and crunching a little, and that is just disconcerting.  The kicker, he reminded me that X-rays confirm that my right knee is my GOOD knee.  The left knee has much worse osteoporosis.  Thankfully, it rarely bothers me.  The key now will be to see how long the injection lasts for.
- I did take a few moments to mention I was NOT happy with him after I stopped taking the Aleve.  He said, it's a good medicine, but it's not good to take it everyday.  You're only half way through this game, and you don't want to damage liver, kidneys, heart, etc.  He did say if Extra Strength Tylenol isn't cutting it, I can take Arthritis Pain formula Tylenol.  He's also okay with me taking the Aleve the way I've been taking it -- to alleviate significant discomfort once in awhile. 
- I'm doing the ultrasound treatments on my foot.  I'm looking forward to being back in two shoes after the first.

1 comment:

Tammy Jones said...

Jean, I think all in all is sounds pretty great, and your concept for Granite Hill is really gonna rock!

Glad to know your knee's feeling better, too! Have fun in Pennsylvania! {{huggs}}

Post a Comment