Sunday, September 11, 2011

Roundup

Here's my roundup.


Writing:
Mostly spend last week getting ready for the weekend role-playing event "Brave New World: The Vampire Sanction." It went okay. I made $45 from fees, which was nice and unexpected. I had too many puzzles and not enough action, but still, everyone seemed to enjoy it. I just thought the pace lagged a bit.

This coming Saturday I will be signing (and selling) books at the Chisholm Trail Book Festival. Hope the Festival draws a lot of people. It's the second year for it.

Also, starting tomorrow, Writing Comes First. Which means I will write before I do anything else (chores, watch TV, read, etc.) in my day, unless it's a doctor appointment or an emergency. If I really want to be a writer, then I'm going to have to choose to write. I need to finish Murder by the Mile. Got to so I can move on. And sell it for a bit of money. Cash is tighter than squeaky.

Health:
Added machines to my exercise routine at the gym. Now I'm walking 2 1/2 miles a day, riding 10 minutes on the recumbent bike, and doing 20 reps on the curl machine. Going to hold at that for two or three weeks until I adapt -- I've been barely able to function after going to the gym so I need a bit of time to let my body adjust -- and then I'll add another machine focusing on upper body strength.

Still having trouble sleeping. Very annoying.

Life:
Well, being busy has kept the Black Dog Gang mostly at bay. That and plenty of green tea, Vitamin D, and sometimes a bit of caffeine in the morning.

That was last week, and now we're done with Sunday and heading for Monday. Hope we all have a great week.

1 comment:

Tammy Jones said...

Wow on the exercise. Just Wow.

Congrats on having a good game, and {{{HUGGGSSSSSS}}} on the rest. In time this too will pass. It WILL.

In the mean time, keep up the Vit D ;)

{{huggs}}

Post a Comment