Sunday, September 18, 2011

Week 37

Thirty-seven weeks out of fifty-two in the year. 

Polar Bear on the Loose - Nada.

750words.com - I got the writing done each day

Internet Responsibilities - Virtually nada, but not quite that bad.

Pets - The house remains standing (barely) after leaving the four cats to manage things without adult supervision while we were gone for the weekend.  I pick Millie up from camp in the morning.

Property -
Hubby got some more work done on his parts department at the shop. 
I got some watering done. 
Hubby got some puttying done on the front of the house. 

Health -
- We were traveling, so I don't know weight for the week.  Inches were close to the same or a little worse on a couple measurements.  The last two days were horrendous points-wise (my bad choices).
- Thursday night, we got back to the hotel room, and I hurt everywhere.  I took two Aleve, and I felt mostly okay on Friday and still do.  Tylenol just doesn't cut it, but I'm leaving the Aleve off for now until I'm just very uncomfortable.  That reduces how much I take in at least.  I will be discussing this with the rheumatologist on the 22nd.
- I'm doing the ultrasound treatments on my foot.  I can't tell how well they are working, but they aren't hurting.  The boot is a pain, but it should be helping, too. I walked the swap meet and Grapefest all on Friday and felt no ill effects.  The boot got wet in the rain, but it dried well overnight -- better than my shoe did, but the shoe did okay; just a little damp in the forefoot in the morning.

General Stuff -

We're preparing for the annual Hershey trip.  I'm not dreading it as much as usual.  I'm trying to find productive ways to cope with it.  Hubby loves the trip.  I'm along for the ride.  If I try to inject anything I want to do, he usually complains about how hard it is to plan, yet, he'll bend over backwards to meet up with his friends or to find something he wants to do.  I've decided it's not worth the stress it adds for me, so I'm trying to "go with the flow," and do the driving while being ready to swing a quick u-turn to check out yet another antique store that I probably don't care about.  The moment I complain too much about not wanting to prowl an antique store, I find a polar bear I don't have that I want to pick up or something else, so I'm trying not to complain -- it gives hubby "I told you so" fodder, and he doesn't need any more of that.  Smile.

My challenge for this year is to make sure I get my 750 words per day (I did it last year, so that's not really a problem) AND to figure out some way to do something writing related each day -- this is something I'm having trouble balancing.  When I'm available to make hubby feel loved (stand beside him and hand him things or chat with him while he works -- when I do that, he doesn't complain about anything else I do or don't do), I'm not getting my writing done (but I do manage to find time to hangout on line, so it's MY time management problem).  I'm also doing some regular reading that I want to continue accomplishing on the trip.

4 comments:

Jean said...

After grousing above, I downloaded email for the last several days, and today's Bible Verse of the Day is: Philippians 2:3-4

Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.


I have a really tough time with that one.

Tammy Jones said...

{{huggs}}

Wendy said...

Funny how those verses show up just when you don't want to read them! The funny part is that it sounds like he and my dad would get along famously! Hang in there.

Jean said...

It's a conspiracy, Wendy. Hope all goes well for your dad and he has a smooth recovery. Doing the physical therapy makes a big difference. I hope he has a positive approach to that.

Post a Comment