Saturday, September 3, 2011

Mixed bag

It's been a strange week. You know the main points--Jeli, Eric's contract, disturbed sleep and allergy woes.

Writing: I've been working on editing and adding Frank into the story. I actually counted words some, but it's mostly been editing. I'm about half done on the one page, and I still need to come up with my elevator pitch.

Health: I lost another pound. I doubt I'll be down the whole five in just under 3 weeks, especially since I'll in Michigan in two weeks for Dad's back surgery. I'll be happy with whatever I get; I'll be able to wear the banquet dress I didn't think I would get into. Amazing the difference a couple of pounds made.

Clutter: Not much progress. In fact, I have some extra clutter since Eric brought home a tub of stuff from the office, just in case. Most of what's left the house this week has been trash, but it's a step in the right direction.

Misc: It's just Eric, the cats and me this weekend. Vicky's gone camping with friends. I'm getting a taste of the empty nest and realizing I don't want to live in a house this big when it's just the two of us. There's too much open space.

Eric told me today that the prospect of losing his job was a good wake-up call. We've gotten complacent with our spending, buying things on impulse and eating out whenever we feel like it. It's too bad it took a clue-by-four to get us back on track.

I'm getting down to the wire. This week will be about tying up loose ends. The following week will be laundry, packing for the conference and my trip north, and doing what I need to around the house to make sure things run smoothly in my absence. I leave two weeks from today, will come home the following Wednesday, and start the conference Thursday. It seems so far away, but when I look at the timeline I realize how little time I have left to get my crap together. Hopefully the doctor will get me on some meds Tuesday that will help me break this numbing mind fog.

3 comments:

Jean said...

Still hoping to hear good news on Eric's job. Congrats on the dress being ready to go for the conference!

Tammy Jones said...

{{{hugs, hugs, and more hugs}}

Congrats on that one pesky pound and the dress and I know you'll have a blast at the conference!!

SBB said...

Hate allergies! Hate them! Hope you get some good meds and have a wonderful productive time at the conference.

Working a three card ideas for your grandmother. Do you happen to have a photo of her? Or a photo of you both together?

Post a Comment