Saturday, October 29, 2011

And that's October done.

Mostly, anyway.

Writing: I've made progress on the Hope plot, but there is plenty of work to do on it before NaNo kicks off on Monday. I've been on call for work Thursdays the last 2 weeks, so rather than sitting at home, waiting for the phone to ring, I've been taking my notebook to the shop and hanging around in case they need me. It's been productive, and I'm thinking that plotting with a notebook in a coffee shop might be the way to go as a rule. Apparently the things that distract me when I try to write in public are less of an issue when there's a pen in my hand.

Clutter: I thought about taking stuff already bagged to Good Will, but never made it that far. Need to get off my butt and do some actual work on the house. I have two more weeks before we make a run to MI to see the parents for Vet's weekend, and the following weekend we'll have some of the Boys arrive for Thanksgiving. I'd really like for there to be a noticeable difference from their visit last July. Not that it will last long; we'll have gaming books and dice all over the living floor by the second day. ;-)

I did get the gardening done. Getting the five pots of mums off the front porch and two pots of lilies off the back porch counts as decluttering, right?

Health: My latest blood work shows my Vitamin D is still low at 29. (Healthy is above 50, in case you were wondering.) In addition to a daily dose of Vitamin D, I've started taking extra Vitamin C. I learned recently that it's anti-histamine, and it really seems to be helping. I sprung for the Ester C, which is supposed to be higher quality than regular C supplements, and I'm taking 2-3 a day, which is a little more than the label recommends. (Vitamin C is water soluble, not fat soluble, so I'm not worried about overdosing.) My energy is coming up and sinuses are clearing. Plus it's a lot cheaper than my prescription allergy meds. The only downside of all of this is the handful of pills I have to take twice a day.

Misc: Not much else, aside from being thankful that the World Series is finally over. It's almost blasphemy to pull for someone besides the Cards around here, and people don't get that some of us don't give a rip about baseball. The economic boost was nice, but that's about the only upside as far as I'm concerned.

4 comments:

Jean said...

I hope you can get more "D" soon. Interesting that the "C" is helping, too.

I'm looking for more sites with information like this: http://www.multivitaminguide.org/ for determining vitamin effectiveness ratings. I want to make sure it's someone without an agenda (hard to find) with valid criteria (not sure how to tell), and some credibility. Assuming this site is valid for those things, I think their findings are interesting.

I'm scaling back on the cinnamon. I think it's causing some digestive tract problems. Will let things get back to normal, then try one cap per day instead of two.

SBB said...

Wendy, I'm still low on D, too. Do you think C is helping that?

Jean, cinnamon upsets my stomach too, but it's better when I take it with oatmeal or on my morning cereal.

Wendy said...

I don't think the C is helping the D, but it is helping my allergies. I'm taking extra D daily now instead of a weekly megadose on my doctor's orders.

Tammy Jones said...

Wendy, my doc upped my D from 1,000 mg a day to 2,000 after my physical. Maybe we both need more sunshine, too? {{Huggs}}


(and, fwiw, I too do not understand this fascination some people have with baseball. Makes no sense to me)

Post a Comment