Saturday, October 8, 2011

October 8 tambometrics


Despite approaching mid October, I'm currently wearing short-pants and a tank top. Crazy weather!

Writing
Um. Uh.

(crickets chirp)

I updated some things on the blog. And I've blogged three times, I think. Been posting regularly on Google and Twitter. Left Facebook other than my author page and that's going pretty well other than as of the end of this month they'll no longer automatically upload my blog posts. I'm wondering what's the point of even keeping a Facebook page anymore.

Sewing
Nuthin. It's all still in boxes.

Life
The kittens - especially Peanut - are ornery, ornery, ORNERY. She broke the coffee maker today, rotten kitty.

Bill's not liking standby at all, but sometimes they're having him carry mail, which is better. Laura's good. Mostly things are just fine, other than boredom and general worries.

House
Still no looks at the house. We haven't had a real tour since July. I really need to unpack my fabric and stuff, but I can't seem to gather the gumption. 

Health
The heat has made me bloat and I've put on a pound or so, but it'll go away once it gets cool again. Since moving the whole exercise area downstairs, I've switched for this week at least to Richard Simmons. I do about 25 min, until I'm kinda quaky and sweaty, then I quit. I've kept up the 4 days a week schedule, though, and I'm making a point to not push myself too hard so I can heal. My joints are feeling better and I'll get back on the beginner level of EA Sports Fitness next week. At least that's the plan. If my knees and feet protest too much, I'll just go back to Richard and add 10 minutes or something.

Sinuses are a mess, but harvest out here is going really fast - since it's so warm and dry - so, in theory, this sinus cloggage will pass soon. 

Everything Else
Kinda bored, kinda blue, kinda tired of feeling stuck in a holding pattern, but mostly things are all right. :)

5 comments:

Jean said...

You could make the Facebook page mostly static with a top post to explain what you're doing and include links to the blog, G+, and Twitter.

Good idea for switching to a different program to allow your body to heal. You're doing SOMETHING, but you're also listening to and respecting your body. If you do have to stay on Richard Simmons a little longer, consider adding minutes at a slower rate, maybe one minute a day instead of ten minutes all at once.

Oh, my goodness. The coffeemaker? You didn't get that cat hooked on coffee, did you? You're gonna regret that! Lady likes hubby's cooking, and I don't think that's good for her.

Tammy Jones said...

Lol, no, not the coffee, the cord. She apparently has a thing for cords that dangle. They're super fun to jump on then CRASH!!!

Richard Simmons kicked my butt early in the week - not used to sustained aerobics - but it's gotten a lot easier. One song is about 6 - 7 minutes, ish. I could watch the timer, but I might just ease through a song (lessen range of movements or something) through the next song then move on from there.

As for Facebook, I'll try to keep my wait and see attitude, but I've already groused there several times about their policies so the fans who get my posts should know, if they even care. If I do leave completely, I'll definitely leave a note. :)

Jean said...

I had to replace the MacBook Air cord because of the kittens. $85 of cuteness. Yeah. I put the heavy duty extension piece on the adapter so I could keep the thinner, more vulnerable cord out of their reach.

Tammy Jones said...

Cooper loves to chew cords if he can wander by and munch on one (had to replace my sewing machine cord. Twice.), so we're usually pretty careful, but dang that Peanut. She's a handful.

Wendy said...

One of my friends posted on FB the other day that her nutritionist suggested licorice capsules to help with motivation. She has depression and has to be careful about supplements that might affect her medication. Apparently the licorice is helping her.

Wow, the coffee maker? There was a time when a cat that chewed through the coffee maker cord would have been chased with a spray bottle at my house. Tessie likes cords, too, but we haven't had to replace anything important yet.

I'll second Jean on the exercise. Good job on doing something. Keep it up!

Post a Comment