Saturday, October 15, 2011

Week 41

Forty-one weeks into 2011.  Ten more weeks until we reach my age.
 
Granite Hill - I worked on it a few days this week.  Lots more to go before the first of November, but I'm enjoying these characters.  Still trying to figure out what the story is. 

750words.com - I wrote every day.  Unfortunately, the day before yesterday, I was writing late at night, reached 701 words, wandered to another tab or two to read or research, and by the time I got back, it was after midnight.  I forgot about the trick of resetting my timezone, and gave the day up as lost.  That, of course, broke my streak, so I'm back to being an egg.  On the bright side, I went ahead and did yesterday's writing really early and got it done.

Internet Responsibilities - Just a few FM duties. 

Pets - Everyone did well while we were gone, but they missed us.  Everyone is happy to be home.

Property -

We did get a little rain while we were gone.  The grass is doing okay, and some of the trees look less dead than they did before we left.


Health -
- Weight was down a little this morning, and the measurements were steady (but I may have had to suck it in a little...).  For being on the road, I'll deal with that.  Since the beginning of September, I've been mostly within a pound of my next goal weight.  I'd like to get below this next goal by the end of November.  In theory, I can get there much sooner, but I want to do it right.

Other -
- As always, hubby found a way to get all his stuff into the truck for the trip home.  I had no visibility out the back or side windows.  I have good side mirrors, and the back up camera is a godsend!
- I bought two more 7 gallon water storage containers today.  I think that gives me six 7 gallon containers and two 2.5 gallon containers.  In theory, that gives me three weeks of emergency water.  If we need anywhere near that much, something horrible has happened, and any more storage capacity would probably be pointless.  Once we get downspouts on the garage and get rain barrels installed, that will be a source of additional non-drinking water (ideally used for lawn or garden irrigation).
- I bought a cinnamon supplement today.  I've heard it is good for lowering blood sugar levels.  My doctor has not expressed any concerns about mine, but my fasting glucose rates have crept up a couple of points over the last year from what had been a steady 95 (not great but not a cause for great concern).  I'm not sure exactly what's wrong in my normal diet to cause that, but if the supplement helps, I figure it's worth a try.  I go back for blood work in early December.  Plenty of time for it to have an effect if it's going to.

2 comments:

Jean said...

Check this link for cautions about cinnamon: http://www.healthdiaries.com/eatthis/side-effects-of-cinnamon.html

Tammy Jones said...

Sounds pretty great, Jean! Sorry about the 750 words, but you did them, at least before you went to bed which ends your 'day' as far as I'm concerned. ;)

Post a Comment