Sunday, October 30, 2011

New week

We're about to start the last two months of the year. I feel an urgency to do something productive -- anything productive. It's been a year -- thus far -- of unproductivity. Well, it feels that way. The big goals -- finding a new job, finishing Murder by the Mile, publishing MBTM, finishing Circles, losing 100 points -- haven't been accomplished. And it's unlikely they will before the year ends. Still, there has been progress.

Health
I continue to walk at the gym almost daily. Had a problem with my feet, but purchased new walking shoes and they have really helped. Almost no blisters now. Less foot pain. My old shoes were just worn out and didn't have the cushioning I needed. I'm hoping to increase my speed walking. Taking my diabetes meds and my vitamins and doing my best to stay away from the lovely lovely lovely Dr Pepper. Still having sleep problems, but I'm working on that as best I can and use sleeping pills when I have to.

Writing
Not very dang much. I fiddled with MBTM and Circles and worked on my outline for National Novel Writing Month, which starts, of course, this Tuesday. Woohoo!

Clutter
Not much. I'm still working on the back bedroom, but have a long way to go. I intend to have it ready for guests before the holidays. Wish me luck!

Job search
Wish I had better news here, but I have to believe that with every resume mailed and every interview, I move closer to a job.

Finances
Tight, but I have sold more greeting cards and a few books. I'm clipping coupons and eating at home and generally doing my best to make a dollar out of 99 cents. (Old poem: Little Liza May sat on a fence, trying to make a dollar out of 99 cents. She tried and she tried and she tried some more, but she couldn't make her pennies into more.) Still have a bit of savings, so I'm not close to starving.

Life
For the most part, the Black Dog stays away. I had a bad Wednesday, but that happens sometimes. Into every life and all that. Overall, things could be better, but they sure could be worse.

Anyway, that's all. Hope life treats you well this week. I'm rootin' for ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment