Saturday, April 19, 2014

Happy Easter

Already. Normally, I'd ask where the year has gone, but this year I'm glad it has. I'm cautiously optimistic that it's actually spring. I got too cocky last week, and it snowed. Again.

Good Stuff:
- Not only did I meet my bible study group in a new place, I took the bus and train to get there. It was more of an adventure since I got on the bus going the wrong way initially, but I figured it out, and I wasn't late enough to worry anyone.
- I have a lead not only on another local writing group, but also on a storytelling group that meets once a month.
- The weather has been nice enough to work on the roof. Not work on the roof, like roofing repairs. Plotting. In a notebook. Stop it, Stephen! Bottom line is maybe I won't be vitamin D deficient this summer.
- I got another storytelling gig at the Games in Springfield. I'm doing three sets, maybe four. That'll be plenty for a one-day festival. I'm still waiting to hear from the Chicago Games person.
- I get to spend next week with my mom. I'll be stopping to see Grandma on the way. Looking forward to the shorter drive.
- My hair is finally long enough to put up in a ponytail and a half decent braid.
- Allergies are not terrible so far this year. It would be nice if I were less allergic to Chicago than I am to St. Louis. Maybe it's because we have virtually no green space?


Not So Good Stuff:
- Still haven't posted a video on YouTube. Probably won't for another couple weeks since I'll be in the Land Of Cable Internet next week. At least they don't have dial-up anymore.
- It's the first Easter without the kids. I'm not thinking about it. Instead, I'm focusing on leaving town Monday morning.
- I started the rewrite of Weeping Willow. Progress is glacial. The changes are interesting, but it's like re-plotting the whole dang story. At least none of the big pieces have changed. Yet.

This week:
- Hang out with the family.
- Try to get at least a few minutes of writing time in the evenings so I don't lose too much momentum on the story.

5 comments:

SBB said...

It always worries me when I know someone is plotting on the roof. I've seen too many movies where a gargoyle is pushed off a roof and plummets to end the life of an inconvenient person. Or a pot. Do you have flowers up there in a pot on that roof? Of course, you say you're using a notebook and you say you're catching the sun, but really, that's kind of weak. The truth never sounds true, I've noticed.

Oh well, I'm safe here. Happy Easter! :)

Wendy said...

Aren't you glad I'm not plotting on YOUR roof? ;-)

SBB said...

My roof is heavily pitched so you'd have to tie yourself up there or use cables and then hoist a pot of flowers up there with you or maybe use a crane to lift a gargoyle statue up there ... and I would certainly notice that and avoid standing near my eaves. Simply not a good plan. Wait until I build a castle and then it might work out.

Jean said...

Pulls out the popcorn to watch.

SBB said...

Scooby and the gang will protect me.

Post a Comment