Saturday, April 19, 2014

I Guess It Never Hurts to Hurt Sometimes.

I was riding my bike to pick up the truck from being washed and vacuumed at the detail place behind the shop.  I needed to turn left, so I tried to see if there was anyone behind me (there was), and when I turned back to the front, I wobbled into the curb and fell down.  Embarrassing. I got up, brushed myself off, and finished riding to the shop.  Shortly after I got up, I realized I must have jammed my left thumb (the one that gives me problems anyway) on the handlebar grip when I fell, because it hurt.  I iced it when I got home.  I don't think there's anything seriously wrong with it -- I'm thinking the same thing as happened with my knee when I slipped on the stairs -- it bent further than the arthritis is willing to let it bend without complaining. (I have an appointment with my nurse practitioner on Wednesday, so I'll ask to have it checked, too.)

Not a bad week.  Still feeling pretty upbeat.

Mr. L decided not to see his general practitioner.  He decided (and I agree) his problem stems from using too much Afrin, which is the problem when you start using nasal sprays.  He says he's weaning himself off the Afrin, so I hope that does the trick for him.

I retired my larger size jeans and am in the next size full time.  I have a bunch of other jeans in this same size that don't fit yet, so I'll be here for a while, but I'm on track.  I'm ready to pull some XL T-shirts out, because these XXLs are getting baggy.  I'm aware of what happened last time I did that (I didn't stay in the smaller size for very long).  I'm planning for different results this time.

Lift published the results from their diet study.  All but the Sleep Diet were validated at valid weight loss plans.  Interestingly, the Mindful Eating plan was the least effective.  For me, I believe it was the most effective.  And, frankly, I really only care about me when it comes to this study.

I got mowing done at both the store and the house (we didn't get predicted rain).  I got some work done at the shop getting yard sale stuff put away, and I bagged a bag of debris from out back and put it out for the trash guys.  I did a very little work on PBOTL.  I started looking at my Things approach but am not finished.  I'm evaluating MailTags.  Not sure if I'm as interested as I thought yet.  Mail Search is pretty good.  It's a thirty day trial.  We'll see.

The Week Ahead:
  • Continue work on PBOTL and begin work on How To Write A Series Expansion course.  I think I'm going to do Kitty City as a series.  I'm wondering what genre to do it in, though. How I'm doing it now doesn't seem to lend itself to any particular genre.  Sigh. 
  • Medical appointment on Wednesday to do annual exam and get a myriad of niggling things looked at.

7 comments:

Jean said...

Almost forgot. Happy Easter!

SBB said...

Happy Easter!

Sounds like things are going well for you. I'm so pleased that life is being kinder to you. I was going to beat life up, but since it's behaving, it gets a reprieve. :)

Jean said...

Well, I told life you had something up your sleeve if it didn't straighten up and fly right. I'm glad it listened. Thanks.

SBB said...

It wasn't up my sleeve because a baseball bat won't fit. :)

SBB said...

Do you like the egg background? I thought it was festive and spring-y.

Jean said...

I do like it! Thank you for the update.

SBB said...

We'll switch to another soon since it's rather bright, but in honor of Easter, it works.

Post a Comment