Sunday, January 12, 2014

Home Stretch

Pun intended.

It's been a week, and I'm not sure I can separate good from not so good, so I'll just spew list everything.

- I've had my last-for-now-at-least fencing lesson and church service. I got through church with my make-up intact. I can't say the same for fencing. You can read about that tomorrow morning on my blog.
- Packing is coming right along. Having moved with the military, where the movers swoop in and pack everything (including the trash if you don't get it out fast enough), I never knew what good packing material clothing was. I might run out of clothes before the week is out! Never fear, I've set aside clothes to wear, rather like reverse packing.
- I have a nice pile of stuff to donate, and I'm hoping to add to it. I took a bag from my spice cupboard to church for the food pantry today. Maybe someone can use them, or maybe they'll throw them away, but they won't end up in a landfill by my hand.
- I had lunch with friends yesterday and they made me laugh. Never underestimate the efficacy of a good laugh. Or scotch. Scotch is good, too. They bought me a bottle as a housewarming gift and made me promise not to open it until I got moved so Eric could have some too. :-)
- I wrote every day last week. Writing in the morning and packing in the afternoon seems quite a good division of my time.
- If my syntax seems a bit off, it's because I've been watching Downton Abbey. Season 4 premiered last Sunday and I've watched the episode 4 times. I just love Downton, and it's such a help when I'm writing in 1918. :-)
- Alex got back to school and is getting his financial aid in order. Both Eric and his girlfriend (the homebody on steroids) told him separately on the same day that he should go into the Navy so they can pay for his grad school. I'm not thinking about it. Not yet. Not until he makes the final decision. He's supposed to call the officer recruiter tomorrow.
- The cats have been on the clingy side since he left. Poor dears, they really have no idea what's coming for them.
- Jean, per our conversation about cat litter on Facebook, Eric discovered we can get a 20 lb box from the Great Lakes commissary for the same price as a 14 lb box on Amazon. Looks like I won't be ordering litter online after all.

This Week:
- Write
- Pack
- Finish errands, including bank account switching and Good Will
- Find another good cry trigger if necessary. All my go-to movies have been moved already. Tactical error.
- Pick up the moving truck bright and early Saturday morning.

3 comments:

Tammy Jones said...

Usually it's Jean who makes me exhausted reading their posts, but it's you this week! Wow, you've managed a LOT!

There's always youtube for some of the older movies, or hulu. :) {{hugs}} and have a safe, happy move!

Jean said...

I had to re-read "Both Eric and his girlfriend" a couple of times. Intellectually, I was pretty sure it was Alex's girlfriend, but....

Yay for finding more litter for the same price!

Good luck to Alex in his decision. With Physics as his major, the Navy is likely to appreciate him the most of all the services, but, surprisingly, the Army seems to value academics more than the other services.

Wendy said...

Oh, yeah, I guess the girlfriend part was sort of vague! Alex has talked with the officer recruiter, who apparently in communicating to the Nuke School. He didn't go into a lot of detail, and I didn't ask. It's TMI right now.

Post a Comment