Saturday, January 25, 2014

Saturday Here, Too!

Isn't that amazing!  I've had a fairly productive week.
  • I made it through Holly's Worldbuilding Clinic beta test.  Waiting to get access to the videos (seems to have been a glitch) to complete that portion.  Last night, I played around with some exercises for my stuff, and I'm going to try to use the techniques to jumpstart my muse, who seems to be miffed at my no-nonsense side always horning in on it's ideas.  Maybe I'll get it coaxed out yet.
  • It's probably the newness of things, but with the Mindfulness Diet, I'm coming up with all kinds of connections to deal with long-term problems I've had with eating.  In addition to the basics presented by the Lift plan, I'm also reading Susan Albers' Eating Mindfully. The book has a lot of exercises, but she recommends reading it through completely before practicing any of them.  I've just reached Part V, which consists of checklists to help you.  I'm finding a lot of interesting tips there.  The one I read of particular interest this morning was about snacking late in the evening.  Apparently, when you're tired, you go looking for snacks.  (Maybe why the Sleep Diet does people good?)  I'm anticipating slow but steady progress.
  • I did some writing -- still not tracking the way I said I wanted to, and I have no ideas about how I want to do that.
  • I pulled Polar Bear On the Loose out of the box and finished a scene.  Only 23 more to go!
  • Made a little progress with decluttering this week.  Small stuff.  Mr. L suggested I box up my CDs and put them into a storage area out of the way.  (I get mildly annoyed at the way he keeps trying to get my stuff boxed up and put somewhere out of sight, but in this instance, I have to agree with him that this is a good idea.) I got them pulled off the shelves.  Mr. L found two boxes, but I need to find another box to put the rest of them in (I have over 200).
  • Working through my Lift plans 
  • Helped Mr. L with a few things, but mostly I stayed out of his way
  • Created something like six bags of shredded material

The Week Ahead:
  • Get Natasha and Daphne to the vet for their procedures
  • Take Pretty Boy Floyd for his annual exam and shots
  • Get more shredding done
  • Continue decluttering efforts
  • Continue "New You" plan
  • Continue writing
  • Continue revision
  • Continue eating mindfully -- this is the last week of the program for Lift.  I plan to continue it.
  • Watch the weather and protect Sneaky and pipes -- a couple days of freezing are forecast for this week

No comments:

Post a Comment