Monday, January 6, 2014

I was having a good weekend.

Laura and TheTodder are in Des Moines this weekend visiting family and friends since Laura had the weekend off, so hubby and I have had the house to ourselves. It's been nice. Peaceful. Quiet. We've been able to have actual conversations like adults. How wild is that? ;)

But.

We're both struggling with head colds. He's blowing his nose all the time, and mine is full of cloggy crunchy stuff.

My weight's up a little more - probably because we've been going out to eat, for no good reason other than we're out running errands or whatnot and get hungry so 'let's get a sandwich and tea and talk' which leads to pie and here we are. Blurp. Still exercising, tho. :)

Bill has to work outside tomorrow, carrying mail from about 9 am til' about 6:30pm. Neither of us are happy about that, but we've made all the 'keep Bill warm' preparations we can.

Someone hit our mailbox, dented the heck outta it, knocked it askew, and broke the base clean off sometime between when I put the mail out late Friday night and when I checked it Sat evening. Bill's fixed the mailbox and put it back, but I'm concerned we've lost mail. Hopefully not. If our phone company (a local co-op centered a couple of towns south of us) hasn't cashed their check by Wed, I'll call them to see what to do. I think they were the only bill that went out Saturday, and everything's been checked off my 'bills to come in' list, so we weren't expecting anything important. I guess we'll see.

My old sewing machine fried its computer awhile back and I'd bought a replacement. Finally made myself put it through its paces today and it can't do what I need it to do. It pulls to the left pretty consistently, and balks really bad (and then pulls left really, REALLY bad, like 45˚ angle bad) whenever seams butt up. There are a LOT of butting seams in piecing quilts and I am not a happy camper about this. It's supposed to be a specialized 'quilting' sewing machine, but if it can't sew straight or drive right over seams it's totally useless to me. Since Laura's in DM with the car, I have to wait for Bill to have time, energy, and warmth to drag me out to return it, or I have to wait for Laura to get back Tues or Wed. In the mean time, I have this big, boxed, sewing machine I can't use staring at me, which is not helping my mood. I have a LOT of sewing to get done and no good way to do it. Grr.

The truck is acting up, spluttering is about the best way I can describe it. Maybe a fuel line problem? I dunno. With the car in DM, that might become a pretty big problem.

I started the LIFT monitored diet and I'm in a control group where I'm supposed to read every day. So far so good there. It isn't helping me lose weight, tho. ;)  Mmmm. Pie! I have a houseful of healthy food, but we still find ourselves at Village Inn. Dang cute hubbies and their seductive ways! ;)

I think my cyst is better. It hasn't hurt in a while, anyway. I go back the end of the month to get it rechecked.

My mother also is getting a recheck for a skin lesion. I'm currently planning on going to her appointment with her. I'm very concerned, and that's all I can say right now.

Bill and I decided to do the money challenge backward. So far so good there! :)

I took this whole, lovely weekend off from writing since I got Morgan to my agent on time (yay). I'll let everyone know privately should SPORE get good news. Or bad news. Or any news. Fwiw, I'm expecting to hear something (good, bad, or neutral) not this week but next.

I start back on SLIPPAGE tomorrow. Need to totally re-do the beginning, it's just not working, tension wise, the way it sits.

Housework, housework, housework.

Lastly, I've been dealing with my odd but normal-for-me angst over the books being 'out there', but having a weekend to hang out with Bill and relax and talk has helped a LOT. I'm good. Well, okay. I have Clarity. And that's saying a lot.

{{hugs}} for everyone!

3 comments:

SBB said...

Clarity seems to be the mode for now. :)

Sorry about your sewing machine and truck. Think they could have teamed up? I sometimes think mechanical devices team up to break down at the same time. Or one after another so that we never get a break. I know light bulbs do that.

I hate that your hubby is having to be out in the cold. :(

Hope this week stays focused! (Clarity, you know.)

Jean said...

Hugs on the balky sewing machine, truck acting up, and general hassles of living that have beset upon you.

Hoping you get good news soon for SPORE and more.

Wendy said...

That stinks about the sewing machine and the truck. We've had auto issues, too. I think we pair our mechanic's mortgage last month. Merry Christmas--Eric and I each got two new tires for the car. I'm glad you're not having pain, though. There's a lot to be said for that.

Post a Comment