Friday, December 30, 2011

2011 recap

I hunted down my goals from last year. The lesson I've learned this year is that in addition to posting my goals on a blog, I need to write them out and keep them where I can see them. They might be accomplished easier if I remember what they are. Here's how they shook out:

Write 6 days a week, at least 500 words a day. I'm pretty sure I can swing that even in edit/research mode. Finish 2 novels. Erm, no. Not even close. I sort of finished one, but it's going to take a lot to get it into any sort of shape.


Cut household clutter to make my house easier to maintain. I'd call this about 1/3 done. I've gotten some of the clutter down, but there's a long way to go.

Go to the gym. It's an accomplishment to go one day a week now. I will commit to one day, plus I will be adding one day per quarter. It doesn't sound like much, but squeezing 4-5 days a week in right away hasn't worked. Yes! Well, sort of. I'm going 2-3 times a week, but it's every single week.

Cut refined sugar intake. I haven't come up with a good way to measure this, and the goal was rather vague to begin with. I think I'm eating less refined foods all the way around, but I can't really be sure.

Spend at least a few minutes a day, every day, studying the Bible. This was a fits and starts one, too. The last couple of months have been better.

For 2012, I would like to continue the clutter assault and write more regularly and consistently. This is maybe the 10th year I've said I want to write more consistently. I haven't done it yet. I'm open to suggestions.

As far as the past week, there isn't a lot to report. I've been knitting and trying to get organized to go to Florida. I've gotten some stuff done, but nothing very noteworthy.

I hope you all have a very Happy New Year, both the celebration and the year in general.

3 comments:

Jean said...

There's a LOT of good in there. Great progress on the clutter, and regular gym attendance is huge. Your heart, especially, thanks you. Even if you can't measure the refined sugar intake goal, eating fewer refined foods HAS to have made a difference.

I'm struggling with the writing more consistently, too. Yes, I write every day for 750 words (or the new equivalent), but that isn't "pro" writing. That's just journal writing. Holly's tip about 250-500 words per day no matter what probably has the most merit for our consideration, but I'm willing to look at other alternatives.

As I mentioned, I don't think my problem is writing more consistently, it's having confidence that the words I do write will contribute in some way to a valid final product. I believe that's where my problem lies.

Have a great trip to Florida!

SBB said...

You made great progress on many things. I know you will go onward and upward in the new year. I'm glad I can count you among my friends. :)

Tammy Jones said...

You did great, Wendy! I know it wasn't perfect - but what is? You've accomplished a lot!

2012 is going to be a great year!

{{huggs}}

Post a Comment