Sunday, December 4, 2011

Relieved

I spent part of yesterday and part of Friday beating myself up because the week was so non-productive. Then I came here and found out I'm not alone! Hallelujah! I love you guys.

Writing: I got a little done. Under 2,000 words, but it's more than I had last week. More importantly, Eric gave me an idea for new conflict. That will help the word count this week and hopefully dispel the boredom. He's a keeper.

Clutter: There's a new partial bag of trash in my bedroom. The kitchen is clean but Thanksgiving dishes still need to be brought back upstairs and put away. So, yeah.

Health: My jeans are getting snug. I did swim 3 days last week, so I'm a little puzzled about that, especially since my weight went back down half a pound. Last night's Christmas party didn't help. I might be eating oranges for supper.

Misc: I'm not entirely sure what I did all week. It's all sort of a blur. I did some cleaning, pulled some books to give away, ran some errands, went to work, but I can't think of anything really notable. I don't like that. There's too much to do this time of year to lose a week to nothing.

I did get one handbell concert out of the way today. We play again at the church next Sunday evening and then I'm done for the season. Vicky has a class next semester on the night we practice, so I'm taking the semester off, too. Practices aren't a big time commitment, but we ring once a month at the early service (I go to the late). That gets old, so I'm looking forward to not having that commitment.

Here's to a better week coming up!

6 comments:

Jean said...

I think you had a banner week compared to whiny old me. I think it may be the post-Thanksgiving / post-NaNo blues. I hope they pass quickly.

Tammy Jones said...

It sounds like a good week to me. A little of this, a little of that, some bell ringing. What's not to love about bell ringing?

Could the tight jeans be water weight? Did you have too much salty stuff?

{{huggs}}

SBB said...

Sounds like you did a lot to be calling it unproductive! When you have a productive week, you must be a blur.

Wendy said...

I watched a lot more TV than I usually do this week, and looking at my house, I can't see that anything really got done. I guess my expectations were too high, or not clearly defined enough. Or maybe I'm comparing last week to previous weeks when I did get stuff done.

Wendy said...

Tammy, there may have been more salt than normal, and I've been hormonal so that might be something too.

Tammy Jones said...

I'm sure it'll fade away soon and you'll be right back on track! {{huggs}}

Post a Comment