Sunday, December 18, 2011

busy?

Y'all must be off doing fun holiday stuff. I don't remember the last time I posted first. Here goes:

Good stuff:
- Vicky's 19th bday is tomorrow. Where've all those years gone?
- Eric, Alex and I went to see Trans-Siberian Orchestra yesterday. It was a great show, as always.
- The decorating I'm going to do is done. I even found all the Christmas stockings. Every year I plan to put them away with the decorations, and every year the rest of my family hides them.
- Moved the rocking chair upstairs.
- Swam twice; skipped the third after I cut myself at work. The Y doesn't like people swimming with open wounds, and I'm good with that 'cause it's a salt water pool.
- Christmas shopping is done, and I've even done a test stuff of the kids' stockings.
- Knitted not one but two scarves.
- Remembered afternoon supplements every day.

Not so good stuff:
- Wrote closer to 2,000 words, far short of the 5,000 I wanted.
- Spent much of the week feeling overwhelmed. I know, you're shocked, right?
- Got my sinuses acupunctured on Thursday in an effort to tame my allergies. My thinking is that if I can get them under control in the winter, maybe spring will be easier. I've been eating local honey and taking extra Vitamin C for this purpose, too, because the allergy meds I'm on are expensive. Anyhoo, the acupuncture worked extra well. My sinuses drained so fast I lost my voice. I was able to sing this morning, but it was a near thing! I'm scheduled for twice this week, but I might cancel the second if I react again like I did last time. My voice has to be in good shape Saturday afternoon for our Christmas Eve service.

This week:
- Shoot for 3,000 words
- Plan menus and grocery shop
- Spend as much time as possible with my family while everyone is on school break
- Go see Sherlock Holmes (?)
- Make orange cake cookies

Just in case I get all caught up in the holidays, Merry Christmas! I've been blessed having you in my life this year, and I'm looking forward to what's coming next year.

4 comments:

Tammy Jones said...

Wow. You've ben BUSY!! Sounds like you got a lot done.

Does the new post format help show you how much progress you're making? It's making me exhausted reading all the stuff you've done. {{huggs}}

I never heard about acupuncture for sinuses. Wow. I might have to look into that

Merry Christmas!! {{huggs}}

Jean said...

"got my sinuses acupunctured" sends a shudder down my spine, but I'm glad it helped. Sorry about the unintended consequence of losing your voice.

Hope your menus came together well -- I was surprised at how well ours came together this week. Some weeks, it's like pulling teeth to get it figured out.

Wendy said...

I love how everyone shivers at the thought of acupuncture! Makes me feel so brave and fierce, and it's really not a big deal. The needles are super thin and they don't hurt at all. Usually. Once in a while there's a little twinge when she puts them in.

Honestly, losing my voice is a small price to pay if it gets me off the allergy meds. It does make singing on Sunday a little tricky, but let's be honest. I'm not a pro. It's a ministry for me, but I'm a volunteer. Human expectations are a little lower when you know someone isn't getting paid, and God doesn't care if my voice cracks once in a while!

Wendy said...

Tammy, I'm a little baffled by the new format. I see how much I got done compared to what I didn't, and I see the disparity, but I still feel like I haven't accomplished anything. It's probably because I'm so deep in the hole that a few inches doesn't seem like progress. It's a matter of being nicer to myself, I think, and pressing on. It occurred to me the other day that with Eric in grad school, he's effectively working two jobs, so I really need to get it together and pull more weight around the house. He spoiled me for a long time, but we have another year of this and the house isn't going to get organized on its own. Time to pull up the big girl panties.

Post a Comment