Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!

I hope you're all having a wonderful day. My day's already been made. I squished into a back pew at church with Eric AND both kids to just worship. I didn't have to sing today; next week will be business as usual.

Good stuff:
  • It's Christmas!
  • Vicky and I went to the art museum to see Monet's Waterlillies on Tuesday. Then we stopped for a little shopping. We also got lost in St Louis, but I posted about that on my blog so you've probably already seen that.
  • While we were shopping, I found a really pretty silk yarn in bright primary colors. Vicky liked it so I got it to knit a scarf for her. It's almost done; just another hour or so, I think.
  • Swam twice.
  • Tomorrow we'll hit some Christmas sales and have lunch out. It's always a good opportunity to hang out with the family. I'm treasuring these times now because after next year, Alex may not be home for Christmas. He's planning to go into the Navy after college so I won't be able to take these family holidays for granted anymore.

Good enough stuff:

  • I got a few words in, but not as many as I wanted. I've decided to take the rest of the year off.
  • Didn't get the cookies made yet, but we have enough sugar around the house right now. I'll do them next week. Maybe.
  • The boyfriend took Vicky to see Sherlock Holmes for her birthday. We haven't been to see it yet, but I imagine we will.
I have no goals for next week. If I get stuff done, great. If not, it will be because I'm hanging out with my family. I have kind of a vague plan to take a couple of loads of stuff to Good Will while everyone is on Christmas break but no firm game plan.

Thank you for the past year. It's been a huge blessing to have a safe place to come and talk about things I don't want to put on my blog, and to know that y'all are here for support. What a relief to not have to be positive all the time! It's not been the best year for any of us, but it hasn't been the worst year, either. Not for me, at least. I go into the new year praying blessings on you all.

3 comments:

Tammy Jones said...

That all sounds pretty darn awesome, Wendy.

It's been an honor to hang out with you here. Many, many good wishes and hopes for an awesome 2012 for all of us!!

Jean said...

Hanging with the family sounds like top priority to me.

SBB said...

Glad you're having a good holiday, Wendy!

Post a Comment