Sunday, July 10, 2011

Deadline

I've got 11 minutes to post before it's Monday. Here's a quick report of my week.

Writing: Still tangling with Murder by the Mile, but it's getting better. Changed something important about my murderer, and now he "fits" into the story better. Still crafty and deranged, but now he belongs while before he didn't. So it's getting there. Not at any great speed, but any progress is grand.

Health: Continue to walk at the gym and battle my blood sugar. Some days it's good; other days it's quite bad. I'm hoping that soon I will have more good days than bad. We'll see. Taking my Vitamin D pills daily and trying to get 15 minutes of sunlight a day. I think my mood and energy are improving. Not as much as I would like, but progress is good. It helps that I have to take care of my swimming pool daily. That gets me out of the house.

Clutter: I've been organizing and putting more things into the garage sale pile. Hope to have other sale in August. It is so hard to get rid of some things even though I've never used them. I definitely have hoarder tendencies. Got to battle them.

New projects: Don't know if I've mentioned that I've been playing with digital scrapbooking and greeting cards. Been quite enjoyable to organize photos with the events they were taken at. Also, I've sold about six birthday cards in the past couple of week. My cards run from $3.50 to $5 depending on what materials are used. Don't know if this could grow into something or not. Right now, I'm just seeing what I can do.

Went to my local writers group Saturday. I enjoy the meetings, but I'm not sure if I'm learning anything there. Nice people, but most of them don't seem to be committed to writing. Maybe they are, but in a different way than me. I don't know.

And now it's almost midnight so I'll close. Hope y'all are doing well.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I'd be interested in seeing your cards. One of the things I want to get better at is sending birthday cards, and it would help to have a stash of them.

Tammy Jones said...

All in all is sounds like you're having a good week! Not perfect, no, but pretty good.

Imho, I think you should stick with the writers group a bit longer. One large and sometimes crippling factor in being a writer is loneliness, and not having anyone who understand the madness and struggle of crafting fiction. Other writers, regardless of writing level and commitment provide a social outlet and understanding. Maybe you'll become the leader, and ignite a fire in their bellies? Who knows. We all need friends and associates who 'get it'. I firmly believe that my writing group is vital to my mental health.

Post a Comment