Saturday, July 2, 2011

Pre-Sunday

Taking a few minutes to post before the mayhem breaks loose. No, not the kitten. The Boys. I'm leaving for the airport in the next half hour to pick up Scott, and no one but Eric and I know he's coming.

Health: Weight is down a whole 2/10th of a pound (how much flour is that, Jean?), so still basically flat. Of course it will probably be up this time next week! Not the way to break a plateau, but I'm still taking the week off.

My Mom got me started on a new (to me) product called Juice Plus. It's fruits and vegies, dehydrated and encapsulated, and it's supposed to help make you healthy from the inside out. I'll report back on results when I've been on it for a while.

Clutter: Got some stuff done. Mom helped. We did document the family stuff I've inherited already from her side. Funny story--we have a hand painted statue of Dick Turpin that my great-great grandmother brought with her when she emigrated from England. I've never really liked it. The paint is, well, maybe I'll take a picture and let you see for yourself. Anyway, when I asked Mom to help me document stuff, she asked if I had the paperwork on Dick Turpin, and I said yes, so we didn't have to do that. She said, "Oh, good. That's such an ugly statue. I don't know why she liked it so much."

Writing: Nothing. It's starting to get to me. I might have to barricade myself in the office for a while this week but I don't know if there will be time.

Misc: I thought I had nothing here, but I do. Vicky is starting a cottage business. We're calling it Butterfly Creations, and she's making jewelry. She has some on Facebook so I'll repost her post if you want to have a look. Off to eat breakfast and get ready for all hell to break loose.

1 comment:

Tammy Jones said...

I'd love to see your friend's jewelry!

Sounds like you've had a busy, productive week - even without the writing - and 2/10 of a pound is still an net loss! Woohoooo!!!

I know that when I have a lot going on, I struggle with fiction. Maybe barricading yourself *will* help by establishing a quiet time for your writerly brain to focus and get back to work?

Post a Comment