Monday, July 4, 2011

I'm No Triathlete, But...

My hips have been increasingly less flexible -- to the point where it feels like I'm straining something when I want to put my socks and shoes on.  This is a different problem than having excess weight blocking me from being able to reach shoes (which thankfully was only in danger of happening and isn't a problem now).  It's clearly a flexibility issue.  This morning, I did a quick search on hip and core strength and flexibility.  This is one of the articles which popped up on the results.  I have a stability ball, but I haven't inflated it since I retired three years ago.  It might be worthwhile to do so.

http://www.active.com/triathlon/Articles/Stability-Ball_Exercises_to_Build_Strength_and_Flexibility.htm

2 comments:

Tammy Jones said...

Thanks for the link! I've been having quite a lot of trouble with my right hip and leg (stiffness, mild pain) since I pulled a butt-muscle months ago. Hopefully this will help!

Wendy said...

Looks like something I might consider too. Thanks for the link!

Post a Comment