Saturday, July 30, 2011

Week 30??? Already?

Wow. This year has gone fast. Too bad the hot bits seem to be dragging on and on. Rain dropped our temps here to 86, and that felt cool!

Writing: All I got done was a little editing. I posted the first couple thousand words of Hope on the ACFW crit board and got one really good crit, but no others so far. I can post it here if you want to know who Swims Like The Otter is, and why he had Sadie's cloak.

Clutter: Nothing but good intentions. I have gotten almost all of the laundry done and put away today. I have identified some shirts that are too big that need to be donated, so I expect I'll get some of that done this week.

Health: I got fed up trying to lose the last 2 lbs and went on maintenance this morning. That gets me a few extra points to work with. The plan is to keep doing what I've been doing for the most part. In late August or early September I'll go back to weight loss mode and try to lose a preemptive 5 lbs before the ACFW conference.

Misc: Y'all already know Eric's iMac is at the Apple store for a new video card. He'd been trying to set up a second monitor on it, and it wouldn't play nice. It will be gone a week or so. Darn, we have to go back to the mall in St Louis soon. Next time I'll remember to wear jeans. That mall is always cool, and the Apple store is especially cool. I had shorts on, so while Eric frogged around at the Genius Bar, I went and bought a pair of jeans. The good news is they're a size 8, which I haven't been in for a couple years. So now I have 3 sizes in my wardrobe.

Oh, and we're refinancing our mortgage Monday evening, just in time for a potential government shut-down (whatever) and hiked interest rates. No, we didn't plan for it to be just in the nick of time.

5 comments:

Jean said...

Hope all goes well with the refinance.

Maintenance should be good. It will take the pressure off and give you a chance to get accustomed to just doing what you should be doing (that is what maintenance is about, right? I'm so far away, I haven't looked at it yet).

Wendy said...

Maintenance is about keeping weight steady (+/- 2 lbs) after you've lost weight. Or, in my case, using it as a diet vacation and eating M&Ms while I read a book!

Jean said...

LOL. I know you won't do that too much. Enjoy the indulgence.

Congrats on reaching maintenance!

SBB said...

Yes, I want to know who he is and why he has her coat! Now, please. :)

You had rain? I'm so so so jealous!

Jean said...

I forgot to mention that I want to know as well!

Post a Comment