Saturday, August 13, 2011

Week 32.

Thirty-two weeks into 2011.  

Polar Bear on the Loose (Revision, using How To Revise Your Novel):  Did not get back to this this week -- didn't take it to SA with me, and I have to pull it out of the folder -- maybe tonight.

750words.com:    I've written at least my 750 words seven of seven days.

CampNaNoWriMo: I've done a little session each day on brainstorming.  Usually a couple hundred words.  I'm at 4995 words for the month of August.  I'm not going to get 50,000 words, but I didn't go into the game with that as my goal.

 Internet Responsibilities:
- Kept up with FM.
- Spending too much time on line since returning to Central TX 

Pets:
- Everyone is doing well.

Property:
- After less than a week, there were still hints of green left on the grass when I returned to Central TX.  San Antonio's grass is doing well.  I used the electric mower here to "level" the grass where it's growing.  The rest isn't worth messing with.

- Done some watering here.  I have some dead boxwoods to pull out.  They weren't in our long-term landscaping plan anyway, but it's still disappointing to see them killed by the drought. For the record, none of our landscaping here will survive painting the house, but I haven't been actively trying to kill it either.  In fact, I need to do some research to decide what landscaping we might want to put in.
- Probably one reason I'm procrastinating on line is I'm dragging my feet about heading over to the shop to finish packing up the yard sale stuff and moving some things.  Since it's only 92 degrees outside today (10 degrees cooler than it's been for the last couple of months), and it's slated to get downright unbearably hot again next week, this afternoon might be the best time to head over there and get some things done.

Health:
- Up 1.4 pounds. No yo-yoing.  It's just up.  Probably because my body seems to have looked at Tina Kulesa's calendar and saw that Sunday is the "Zombie Apocalypse" and Thursday is "The End of the World" and decided to eat accordingly.  

- Or maybe it was my inner child Natalie running amok -- with my permission.  We talked about it last night and decided it wasn't as much fun as we thought it would be.  We both agreed a little moderation might be a more satisfying thing.
- I didn't use the crutches this week.  My calf is still feeling pretty good.  My foot (where the break is) isn't too bad, but I need to do something about it and my knee (which is still bothering me in an uncomfortable and annoying manner).

5 comments:

Tammy Jones said...

{{huggs}} Glad to know your calf's doing better at least. Hopefully yuo'll get some rain soon.

Wendy said...

Amen on the rain.

I'm with Natalie on the weight issue. We've been at this for nearly 6 months. Did you realize that? Going on maintenance for a while has been a really good move for me. I don't think there's a thing wrong with taking a couple of weeks off as long as Natalie doesn't go too crazy. You're down quite a bit so far, aren't you? Maybe you could take a break for a week every 15 lbs or something.

I have no idea how you're dealing with the heat this summer. It's been hot here, too, but we haven't had 100+ for weeks on end. Hang in there, Christmas is on the way!

Jean said...

I guess I took my break this week. Grin. Natalie and I agree we feel kinda sluggish after all the pigging out, though.

I need to adjust to the lower points levels and make that a more regular normal.

For what it's worth, almonds (natural, no sodium) are incredibly filling. Here are some good snacks I've found at Walmart that one serving is very satisfying:

Blue Diamond Whole Natural Almonds (5 points per serving)
For a little variety, try these (just a dusting of a coating for flavor):
Blue Diamond Natural Oven Roasted Almonds in Butter Toffee (4 points per serving) or Dark Chocolate flavor (35 mg sodium) (5 points per serving)

The other thing that's pretty tasty and no sodium is Great Value Good Health Energy (a premium blend of soy nuts, cranberries, almonds, and pumpkin kernels). Four points per serving.

SBB said...

Jean, I bought some almonds today because of what you wrote here. I listen! I really do! :)

I think you've done amazing with the weight loss. I guess the hardest thing about losing weight as we never get to stop. If we're at our ideal weight, then we go on maintenance. My diabetes nurse has this saying: Good health is not a destination. It is a journey. Lot of wisdom in that.

And thanks again for purchasing one of my cards. Hope you and your father enjoy it!

Jean said...

The key on the almonds is to count them out (24 to one ounce serving). Then chew them slowly and completely and enjoy the flavor (they taste just fine with water, too!). If you eat too many, you'll feel bloated and overstuffed.

Your nurse is absolutely correct. The Good Health Journey

Post a Comment